MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I commend the MyBB development team for developing such amazing software and I am forever thankful, but in all honesty, it's really taking a long time to release MyBB 1.4! I'm in real need of the reported smtp feature and I've seen some plug-in developers saying that they're slowing their plug-in development until MyBB 1.4 is released.

I hate to appear as though I'm putting people down and I do have a tremendous amount of respect for the MyBB development team, but I was wondering if anyone has any idea what's taking so long and does anyone else share my frustration? Maybe there are issues going on? Have major coders left the development team maybe?

It's totally understandable if there are unavoidable issues going on, but it's just very frustrating when nothing is being said.
!request close
It will be released when it's ready. It isn't ready yet.
Just be happy your not waiting for phpbb WinkToungue. You can use/develop the plugin they say their won't be a huge amount you need to change and tikitiki said he'll make a guide to help people out Wink.
I've already got my guide in the User Submitted Tutorials section.

As for MyBB 1.4, we still need to finish some ACP pages and lots of testing and thats it. I believe we're still on track for a before the end of the year release.

The reason it's taking so long is because it's a major-huge-*******-release
Do you want MyBB 1.4 to be released now, with many bugs, or do you want it to be released - before the end of the year - with a minimum amount of bugs? Smile
NOW NOW NOW! Toungue

Nah, just kidding.
Is there a thread, just like on the merge system, where you can apply for beta testing 1.4 when the beta is released?
No, there isn't. We will pick members to test 1.4 when it goes in beta.
These forums are alot of fun! and they're versatile! they have alot of features , i believe that other forums dont!
Theres alot of info here!
and the people are helpful, and considerate!
and to top it off its free!
MyBB is really great quality software and I realize it's quite the big task to develop a major new version, but I was just wondering why in all honesty it takes this long to develop it. I see much larger software projects that are very stable developed in far shorter periods of time. Are there not many coders?
Pages: 1 2 3