MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: settings.php giving off an error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wow the support guy needs some support Toungue. After installing a forum for someone it's giving off this error in settings.php

Quote:Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ']' in /home/ragnarok/public_html/forum/inc/settings.php on line 49

Could it be that the file was edited? I looked at the file, I can't see why it would give off the error. I know it didn't have any errors when I installed it, so i'm not sure what could have happened. Any idea's?
What's line 49?
Since settings.php is a dumb of your forum settings, I'm guessing that " aren't slashed before being output to the file. So it's ending the string early and causing some text to be unquoted.
Check your settings to see if there are any " in any strings.
Everything around line 49 seems to do with numbers, so maybe your file is different?
All the settings on each line should be layed out in this style:
$settings['setting_name'] = "setting_value";

Once when I changed a few settings in the AdminCP, my board didn't load properly and got the type of error your getting for the settings.php file. So I checked the settings.php file and it was all muched up, so I had to edit it most of the lines to the style I gave above, which solved my problem after changing my board settings.
Line 49 is $settings[Lost Dimension] = "Forum";

The person who owns the forum said they didn't change anything, so I guess everything is the same. I have to say this really has me lost.

Edit: I found the problem and fixed it. I'll close this now.
It would be good if you could post the fix for other who are having this trouble!
Reopened

Well it seems to keep happening (after replacing it with a new copy of the file).

Any ideas
What is the setting Lost Dimension? I suggest you delete it and make one that does not include a space.
replace the space with an underscore _ that should solve your problem.

Also have a look at the servers error log if you are able to see it as that will give you an idea of whats wrong.
DennisTT Wrote:What is the setting Lost Dimension? I suggest you delete it and make one that does not include a space.
That's the name of the forum.
Pages: 1 2