MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: logout problem is back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Upgraded to 1.2.10 and now can't logout.Try
CANNOT LOGOUT? READ THIS! post does't work...
Works fine on these boards, and my localhost.
Link to your forums?
Please provide us with a link to your forums.
I experienced a similar problem on one of the two MyBB forums I have.

The way I fixed it was to simply copy the code indicated in the "cant log out" thread from the forum that did work to the forum that didn't.

Just to add the only difference between the two forums is that the one that didn't work had a few plug ins, not sure if that was the problem or not but thought it worth mentioning.
Keith W Wrote:I experienced a similar problem on one of the two MyBB forums I have.

The way I fixed it was to simply copy the code indicated in the "cant log out" thread from the forum that did work to the forum that didn't.

Did that to both templates i have on my forum and still doesn't work...
Hi,

Are you able to upload the attached version of member.php to your forums? It won't fix the problem but will allow me to debug it further.

Chris
Yes it's uploaded. By the way upgraded from 1.2.9 so i don't understand why this happening...
It's because we changed the logout authentication in 1.2.10 because it didn't work in some circumstances (and this is an example of a case where it didn't work correctly previously). I left in backwards compatibility for the old session based links, but it isn't working correctly on yoru forum.

Your forum is doing something unusual causing a new session ID to be generated on search page load. This is why the old links no longer work. I'll look in to that later.

For now, you can do a global search and replace in the templates.

Find: &sid={$session->sid}

Replace with: &logoutkey={$mybb->user['logoutkey']}

That should update any incorrect templates.

Incase it doesn't, open up the "header_welcomeblock_member" template and perform the replacement yourself.

Also - if possible, could you please send me your FTP details so I can possibly look in to the reason why new sessions are always being generated (what the actual cause of this problem is)

You can also revert your member.php to a fresh one form the download.

Chris
Sent you a pm chris with the ftp info

Also that didn't work either...
Pages: 1 2 3