MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.5 Feature Request?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I hope this is allowed, and that none of these suggestions are already listed as accepted or rejected:

-WYSIWYG post/edit field
-DHTML or WYSIWYG quick-reply field
-Members list alphabetical listing (A-Z, 0-9, symbols at the top; for example, you click 'B' and it lists all users starting with 'b')
-Warning/infraction system - mods can add infractions to posts/users, certain number of infractions auto-bans a user
-Users viewing thread
-View own permissions
-Ability to add custom profile fields in places other than "Additional user info" (for example, add an instant messenger)
-switch between sub-forum full and compact display on index page
-index page block announcements/welcome messages (for example, one that shows up to unregistered only, telling them to register, or announcements for specific user groups)
-user-specific permission options
-(maybe optional) allow-override-deny permissions (so users in more than one group can get all allow permissions)
-custom forum icons per-forum
-custom thread prefixes
-custom thread list separators
-thread tags
-user profile commenting
-usergroup cp (I'm not sure if it already exists, but I can't find the link in my templates)
-easy block adding to templates without HTML/PHP knowledge
-users can customize their profile theme (colors and such)
-users can customize how they see the forums (colors and such) unless defined otherwise in forum settings
-post edit/delete history (I think this might have been posted already)
-creation of new pages and links with little-to-no HTML/PHP knowledge
-memberlist/profile individual field-view permissions (for example, guests can't see instant messenger id's)
-block view permissions
-'go to page' box for threads and forums
-add buttons for custom mycode to editor (without editing js files)
-custom mycode use permissions (for example, only admins can use this mycode)
-thread/forum auto-subscribing
-'lite' mode (like archive, but you can still post, click links, see some images, edit profile, etc., just friendly for small screens or low memory)
-ability for users to make profiles private/public to certain or all people

That's all I can come up with, like I said, some of this may have already been suggested or included. I apologize if any of these seem stupid, they seemed to make sense when I was posting. If this is not allowed, then just delete the thread for me.
MyBB 1.4 has been feature frozen for a few month now.
a lot of things your asking are also plugins so you can install them... like the custom forum icons per-forum
Ok, should I delete this thread then?
1.5 is only for staff...
But as said above, most of what you want can be found in plugins.
I don't see any reason to delete this thread though, its what you think
that should be in the next major release.
1.5 doesn't even exist yet.
I want 1.5 Sad
I want an Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device, doesn't mean I'm going to get one though Sad
Most of these requests are....Bloatware™
The original thread was called "MyBB 1.4 Feature Request?", but yes, a lot of these could be done with plugins.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7