MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login problem with IE on my own mybb forum, not here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Today I tried loggin in from a public computer with IE. On my own Mybb forum it tells me that I'm logged in, and after I'm being transfered I'm not logged in. When I tried this at this website from the same computer, the login worked correct. Just now I tried it from my own computer and Firefox works perfectly on my own forum and this forum, but IE doesn't work on my forum but works on this forum.

Anyone know why my installation does not correctly login with IE?

Forum is located at www.getspankedbyhenk.com
I just installed the latest version.
Your cookie settings are wrong. They should be:
Cookie Domain = ".mannemessemaker.nl";
Cookie Path = "/mybb/";

[Wiki: Cookies] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
MrDoom Wrote:Your cookie settings are wrong. They should be:
Cookie Domain = ".mannemessemaker.nl";
Cookie Path = "/mybb/";

[Wiki: Cookies] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
I changed it but it doesn't work. After the change I deleted all the cookies from IE just to be sure. I'm still not logged in after I've been redirected.

I entered this: .mannemessemaker.nl at the cookie domain and this: /mybb/ at the cookie path.
Does it still only not work in IE, or does it no longer work in any browser?
MrDoom Wrote:Does it still only not work in IE, or does it no longer work in any browser?

Only in IE. Firefox still works, also after I changed the cookie settings of the board. I'm testing with IE version 6.0
I think I know where the problem is. I'm using a domain name which forwards and masks to the real url (another domain name where the forum is located). I tried to login with IE directly from the original URL (where the forum actually is located) and that worked fine. So it has something to do with the forwarding...
The url service is probably using a iframe to show you the forum, Internet Explorer doesn't seem to allow logging in inside a frame.
Chris Wrote:The url service is probably using a iframe to show you the forum, Internet Explorer doesn't seem to allow logging in inside a frame.

I don't think they put it in an i-frame, but I also have "Masking" on so that the real url is masked by the forwarding domain, maybe this has something to do with it (maybe they use an i-frame to be able to mask the url). Because if masking is turned off you will just be redirect to the real url, which I can imagine is exactly the same as typing the url directly in your browser.
Go to IE Tools > Internet Option > Privacy Tab

go to advanced and allowed third party cookies in your browser.
No, their masking is definitely an iFrame, you can see it if you view the source of your forum. Chances are that that might be messing something up.
Pages: 1 2 3