MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB Merge System 1.0 RC1 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
xiaozhu Wrote:Is it possible to merge my say my old database with my new one?

However, I only want to convert the threads and posts only. This is because the users at my old database might have registered at the new one.

Yes, but I believe the "old database" has to be upgraded to 1.2.10 first before you merge the two boards. The merge system is modularized so you can choose to only convert threads and posts. However, you will have to first import usergroups and users because it is a dependency for the thread and post modules. Fortunately, the merge system can detect and merge duplicate users so you shouldn't have a big problem with that.
The database is 1.2.9, it should be relatively the same...hmm
Btw, lets say it detects the same users, it would merge them? How about their signature, and their old and new posts.

I shall try it when 1.4 comes and that when the Gold version of the Merge system is released.
The merge system will completely merge together a user if the username and e-mail are the same. If the username is the same but the e-mail is different it will append _importphpbb2_xx to the username
In the release thread Dennistt said: "The merge system does not have the functionality to "run 2 forums from 1 database."

But I understood that you can run 2 or more forums of one DB by merely using different table prefixes? Maybe I'm missing something.
That's correct.
DaddyK Wrote:In the release thread Dennistt said: "The merge system does not have the functionality to "run 2 forums from 1 database."

But I understood that you can run 2 or more forums of one DB by merely using different table prefixes? Maybe I'm missing something.

Sorry I wasn't clear about that: I meant having 2 forums using the same user database for example, so one user could register on one forum, and doesn't need to register for the second forum in order to login there.
DennisTT Wrote:Yes, but I believe the "old database" has to be upgraded to 1.2.10 first before you merge the two boards. The merge system is modularized so you can choose to only convert threads and posts. However, you will have to first import usergroups and users because it is a dependency for the thread and post modules. Fortunately, the merge system can detect and merge duplicate users so you shouldn't have a big problem with that.

Anyway, I realised I can only IMPORT FORUMS(like you say the dependency thingy) then I can continue converting threads and posts...

Its gonna be lots of work to delete the forums and move the thraeds!!!
when you merge or convert a forum does it simply copy the information to the new database, or does it delete the old information
I don't think it deletes the old data.

However, making back-ups is recommended.
can't wait for the one that has SMF...

or i should just convert to phpbb2 then to mybb.... hmmm
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5