MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email Admin when new user signs up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I had the VBulletin forum, one of the features I loved was receiving an email whenever someone signed up.

I would love if this feature could be added to MyBB!!

Thanks
Already exists as a plugin.
I find it absolutely amazing that this isn't a standard feature in 1.4! So far there isn't even a mod for it for 1.4. I upgraded to 1.4 and now I have no way of knowing when someone registers other than actually logging into the forum. Ridiculous!!!!!!
(2008-11-12, 07:13 PM)catfished Wrote: [ -> ]I find it absolutely amazing that this isn't a standard feature in 1.4! So far there isn't even a mod for it for 1.4. I upgraded to 1.4 and now I have no way of knowing when someone registers other than actually logging into the forum. Ridiculous!!!!!!

Is it really that hard to press a few buttons?
(2008-11-12, 11:09 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Is it really that hard to press a few buttons?

It's not that it's hard, it's just that I have many other things to do and several different forums, some MyBB and some SMF. It's extremely convenient to be alerted by email when someone registers on one of them. I occasionally get some nasty registrations (manual, not bots) that I need to get rid of post haste.
Like I said to Lex of LeX'z Plugins at MyBB Central where I found a plugin for it[Image: clap.gif]:
Quote:I still can't believe it isn't built into 1.2/1.4. To me it's a basic administrative need. I know VB, SMF and IPB have it standard, I imagine all others do as well.
This has been a plugin for ages now, if you really wanted it that badly you'd have found it by now. And if you're worried about spammers, just set new registrations to require admin activation.
(2008-11-13, 03:50 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]This has been a plugin for ages now, if you really wanted it that badly you'd have found it by now. And if you're worried about spammers, just set new registrations to require admin activation.

Did you read all of my above post??? "Like I said to Lex of LeX'z Plugins at MyBB Central where I found a plugin for it There definitely is no plugin for 1.4 available directly from the MyBB site.

I was simply commenting about the fact that MyBB is the only forum software that does not have it already implemented (that I'm aware of) without needing a plugin.
(2008-11-12, 07:13 PM)catfished Wrote: [ -> ]So far there isn't even a mod for it for 1.4.

My post was in reference to this.

Smile
(2008-11-13, 11:20 PM)catfished Wrote: [ -> ]There definitely is no plugin for 1.4 available directly from the MyBB site.

That's Lex's decision, not ours. If you want these things to be available on the MyBB site then try and contact the author of the plugin.
Pages: 1 2