MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spell - Checker for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
SpellingCow....... Big Grin

Here's a nice Spell-Checker that I have integrated into MyBB.

This MOD has been improved and Moved to HERE:..............

http://www.mybboard.com/community/showth...8#pid16888

As usual... No warrany is implied or even hinted... as to it's suitability.Toungue
That's a cool mod, thank you!

Greets,
Michael
Woah, Ozidave, great work.
Hi People,Big Grin

Thanks...

I've also modded PM's and New-Thread with spell-checker as well.

As there are different variables, I'm going to have to work out how to present the whole lot of it as an install package, so that everyone will have the ability to install it.

Now I need to do Email, and that one is I believe in "member.php" so that could even be trickier for the novice to mod..

Anyway, before I release the other mods for spell-checker, I would appreciate if you tested them at http://ozidownunder.com/test-forums rather than install them on your own site, and then find out there are problems.

Just spell-check a couple of post's, New Threads and PM's etc... as it may be better to test it there rather than take the chance of crashing your own BBS.. Wink
I'm not sure if this work having not downloaded it yet, but you could make it into a function in functions_post.php, add a bit of JS, and make the button link to that. That way you could call the different varibles per page, and reduce the code on all pages as-well. Let me know if your interested. Id be happy to help intergrate this mod into myBB even futher (although a spell check with ads doesn't make such an awesome looking mod if you know what I mean (no offence) Is there any other choices of free ones).
k776 Wrote:(although a spell check with ads doesn't make such an awesome looking mod if you know what I mean (no offence) Is there any other choices of free ones).

Hi k776,

Not that I know of, 'free' usually comes at some price, and this is a good spell-checker. I'm not associated with it in anyway at all... I'm just playing with it for something to do. I looked for other spell-checkers and couldn't find anything better than this.... 72 + languages I believe.. Wink

A month ago I didn't even know what php was... and I still don't know what most of the variables are.

Java......... all chinese to me, I have no Idea where to start with it or what to do with it.

I was and am always prepared to have a play with something, and then those who are more qualified than myself are welcome to take it over and make it even more suitable, as you suggest with using Java.

But I would like to finish it first, and then you can have the 'complete' amateur scripts to decide how to improve on them... At least you will be able to see what is required before you start. Big Grin Toungue

At the moment I'd like to know where to find this string... I can find it in templates.php, but not in the Admin CP........ etc.. as I believe it is the area I need to add email spell-checking. I could be wrong, but I can't find it to try it.... Sad

<tr>
<td valign="top" width="40%" class="trow1"><strong>$lang->email_message</strong></td>
<td width="60%" class="trow1"><textarea cols="50" rows="10" name="message"></textarea></td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

Any Idea's where it's hiding ??? Big Grin

Edit:
Ps, And my next trick will be to add a "Back to Top" button / script on every post... that's if it's not already planned for the 'Gold' release ???
<_< The back to top buttons is planned, although I dont know if I was supposed to say that :x

btw, I meant JavaScript. Not Java. Their two different things. And if you PM you MSN, I can help you implement it now, for the next release. That way, it will save you a lot of work to do! Its very easy!

And as for the template, its found it Admin CP > Templates > Modify/Delete > *template set expand* > Member Templates Expand > member_emailuser
Yes, I found it not long after the post...

But thanks anyway for a quick response. The Code I quoted above I believe was actually from "Email the Post to a friend" (something like that.. (it's been a long day) Big Grin

But I do have problem... the code in the member-emailuser doesn't have a name=????

I've loaded the applet and radio-button Ok, but am having trouble parsing the message.

Do you have any idea an what the correct;

Form:
Source:
Button:

Would be for this one ??? and I will still be playing while waiting for a reply.. so I may get lucky.

Re the Javascript etc... I'll get this last one finished today, and pick that up with you tomorrow.
Hmm. If you want to get email to work, it looks like you'll need to add an instruction to add the name= bit to the form feild.
<form action="member.php" method="post">
into
<form action="member.php" method="post" name="input">
Then, using that, try these values...

Form: input
Source: message
Button: submit
Great advice.......... But I've already given you Rep.. Toungue

A name is what was needed, and on first appearance it's working fine.

Now I'm closing down for the night and a quiet drink to celebrate.. Big Grin

My Admin name there is David, would you like the password to have a look and 'play'... ???

There are no National secret - secrets on there... I'll PM it to you and you can decide for yourself, as you can then see the different variables in the scripts...
Pages: 1 2