MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please bash my forum :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I run a brand spankin new Scion xB forum.
Please let me know if anything doesn't look right and I'll get that fixed.

http://www.xbsite.com/forum/

This is my first time using this forum software and I'm loving it. My favorite thing about this system is the templates are SOOOO easy to deal with.
You did a great job at the design for sure !!

Plus I like the fact that you are giving money away !!! Toungue

I like the way you added ad banners in the template between posts also.

Did you do the template yourself ??
I found one similar to what I was wanting, and used that for reference.
Like I said before, this template system is extremely easy to use.

Now, the plugin system, some are easy, and some create a migraine Wink
Pretty nice skin, I like the colors you used. Big Grin
I notice under the off.gif, the text goes to the next line, so that posts is under the on.gif. Looks strange, so you might want to fix that. There's also no offlock.gif???
judel Wrote:I notice under the off.gif, the text goes to the next line, so that posts is under the on.gif. Looks strange, so you might want to fix that. There's also no offlock.gif???

Wow, you must have a tiny screen resolution. I'll change the text to fix that problem.

Also, offlock.gif doesn't exhist until I need it Wink
I'm not expecting to have to lock a forum for any reason.
My resolution is 1152 X 864, which isn't tiny. Some will have smaller resolution, so who knows how it would look then. Toungue

edit: OK, I just lowered it to 800 X 600 and they looked almost normal (on top of each other, like the default). So there is something screwy in your code to make them side by side in higher resolutions and on top of each other at lower.

edit: And at the highest resolution, they look normal (side by side).
Thanks, I now have that issue fixed.
As for screen resolutions of 800x600, I have maybe 2% of the total visitors using that. Hopefully for Christmas they will get new monitors and flee from that retched resolution Smile
Great job so far. Nice site niche too.
* Ryan Ashbrook bashes your forum with a 4 x 4

Big Grin

Anyway, I like how you've done it so far.

BUT (there's always a catch Big Grin)

I use a really high resolution (1280 x 1024) and your background image cuts off, it's not long enough for my resolution.

You can remedy this be making the background color of your forums the same color as the very bottom portion of the BG image, therefor it'll just go straight to that color, and it'll look better. Smile
Pages: 1 2