MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Dice roll on post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have a [hopefully] rather simple request:

I would like to have some sort of "Dice Roll" option when posting. this is mainly for RP-style forums/threads to take some of the guesswork/assumption/"god-modding" out of the equations.

at a bare minimum, the mod should add a small little "this user rolled X Y-sided dice and got: {results} {SumOfResults}" message at the start of the post that cannot be edited by normal users.

if there is such a mod (and I -only- want that functionality), please point me to it.

thanks in advance.
-Zeta
Not difficult to do, but I presume you want this on every post?
Quote:I would like to have some sort of "Dice Roll" option when posting.

not every post, preferably. granted, if it's not possible to really do that, I figure just having a blank spot would be a workaround...

*obviously doesn't have much PHP experience*

on a side note, you making this one will make... two mods from you that I'm using.
has anyone made any progress?
It would indeed be cool if forum members could use myCode to roll a "dice" and the amount of sides (default: 6?) could be changed in the Admin CP. Would be handy for lots of things!
*bump*

Has anyone made any progress with something like this? I would still like to have this on my forum.
I've seen some older mods for this for vBulletin where there is a bbCode (I think MyBB calls it MyCode) for example: [dice=6]2[/dice] would roll a 6 sided die twice and give you the total in the form of images (so it's harder for somebody to cheat by editing thier post).

I was looking for a mod like this for both my vBulletin and MyBB. If I get some time and can get an older version working for vBulletin I will try to port it over to MyBB.
please!
i need a dice roll option badly
i would like it to be optional, if you want you can roll a dice when posting and if you dont want you dont have to.

this is the last thing i need to start my rpg. so please make it for me.

thanks.
i tried this but i get an error and cant download it.

this is what i get:
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:......

its because i am not paying. anyone can make me this simple plugin for free pleease!?

i would really appreciate it.
Pages: 1 2 3