MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ozidave's Mod - Spelling Cow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
File Name: SpellingCow_v1.6.0_MyBB-4.zip

SpellingCow v1.6.0 MOD by Ozidave - 12th June 2005.

Spelling Cow is a very good free Spell Checker and is now fully integrated into MyBB, but it comes with Ad-sense-Advertisements; I personally use Maxthon Browser, which filters them out. I'm sure most of you use an Ad-Blocker for the same thing..

The MOD checks: New Reply, New Thread, Edit Post, Private Mail, Email, Quick Reply and User Bio for spelling errors.

It has 70+ languages and can be optimised for your own forum with Default Admin Settings. (Read the Blog at spellingcow.com and in the readme_first_copywrite.txt file).

The .zip file comes with installation instructions for those with already MODDED boards, and there's also a full set of templates for those who don't already have MOD's and would like to install it the easy way, simply by 'Swapping' the Templates Script.

The MOD has been optimised for Maxthon, IE and (Mozilla Firefox for Linux). There are a couple of slight rendering differences with Linux. WYSIWYG.

The file is available for download ONLY from: http://mods.mybboard.com/

As usual, Warranty is non-existing, use at your own risk. Though it has been under test and presented no problems.

Enjoy... And when 'MyBB-Gold' is released, I may create some more MOD's.

If you like the MOD.......... Give me some Rep ?? [Image: redface.gif]

Edit:

This post has been edited by Ozidave to modify the download URL, and to mention the further enhancements as discussed later in this thread.
Very nice. I have a few other places you might want to add spell check to also!

* Quick Reply box at the bottom of every thread
* Bio box on User CP Profile page
I had thought about them both, and didn't put much importance to them, particularly Bio..

But......... Here we go again !! Smile as it really would finish it off and be ready for the release of 'Gold'.
Nice mod Ozidave! Had I not converted my main board to PR1, I would install it since my spelling so bad Toungue.
Toungue

Upgrade's to File SpellingCow_v1.6.0_MyBB-4.zip - .tar - .tar.gz

Note: If you have not previously downloaded the above file(s), you will not need these upgrades.

The Full-Template MODS have been included in the 'new' Download Files.

These patches will add SpellingCow to the Quick-Reply & User-CP-Bio Templates.

---------------

QUICK REPLY:

OPEN: Admin CP / Templates - (Modify / Delete) / Default Templates / Expand / Show Thread Templates / Expand / showthread_quickreply / Change Original

FIND LINE:

<td colspan="2" align="center" class="tcat"><input type="submit" value="$lang->post_reply" tabindex="2" accesskey="s" /> <input type="submit" name="previewpost" value="$lang->preview_post" tabindex="3" /> <input type="reset" value="$lang->reset_button" tabindex="4" /></td>
</tr>

REMOVE: </td></tr> from the end of the line.

AFTER LINE ADD:

<!-- SPELL CHECKER -->
<input type="hidden" name="auto_spell_check" value="{AUTO_SPELL}">
<input type="button" name="spellcheck" class="liteoption" value="Spell Check" onClick="window.open('spell-gw.php?mode=load&form=input&source=message&button=submit&type=myBB', '_spellcheck', 'HEIGHT=484,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,WIDTH=595');"><br>
</td>
</tr>
<!-- SPELL CHECKER -->

#################################
Save "showthread_quickreply" Template
#################################

USER BIO.
_________

OPEN: Admin CP / Templates - (Modify / Delete) / Default Templates / Expand / User Control Panel Templates / Expand / usercp_profile / Change Original

FIND LINE: 

<form action="usercp.php" method="post">

CHANGE LINE TO: 

<form action="usercp.php" method="post" name="input">

FIND LINE: 

<div align="center">
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_profile">
<input type="submit" name="regsubmit" value="$lang->update_profile">
<input type="reset" name="reset" value="$lang->reset_button">
</div>

CHANGE LINE TO:

<center>
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_profile">
<input type="submit" name="regsubmit" value="$lang->update_profile">
<input type="reset" name="reset" value="$lang->reset_button">

AFTER LINE ADD:

<!-- SPELL CHECKER -->
<input type="hidden" name="auto_spell_check" value="{AUTO_SPELL}">
<input type="button" name="spellcheck" class="liteoption" value="Spell Check" onClick="window.open('spell-gw.php?mode=load&form=input&source=fid2&button=submit&type=myBB', '_spellcheck', 'HEIGHT=484,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,WIDTH=595');"><br>
<style type="text/css"><!-- .spellcow, a.spellcow { font-size : 8px; color : #000000; } --></style>
<!-- Removal of the following line may result in suspension of the service by SpellingCow.  Come on, linking back to us is not asking much but means a lot to us.  Thanks! ;-) --> <br></p>
 <span class="spellcow">Spell Check by <a href="http://www.spellingcow.com" target="_blank" class="spellcow">SpellingCow.com</a><a href="spell-gw.php" target="_blank" class="spellcow">.</a><br></p>       
</td>
</tr>
<!-- SPELL CHECKER -->

##########################
Save "usercp_profile" Template
##########################

* That's ALL FOLK'S !!! *

And from me for a while.......... until 'Gold' is released... Toungue
Would someone like to take these MOD's (Spelling Cow) and add them to their own server.. and make them available from there ??? And also change the URLs in these post's to match; or let me know and I'll change them...

Preferably MyBBMODS (MusicalMidget) or one of the more resident host's involved with MyBB because they no doubt will always be there, as I will not be renewing my server space when it becomes due.

The old fella is gonna 'hang up his hat' and do a bit of travelling........ Smile
Just register at MM's site and upload it yourself. That way you can feel proud of having a mod published at his site!
Done... as the .zip file only. Wink

And when I see it published there, I'll make the necessary adjustments here. Smile

That's a lot better idea than having MODs scattered all over the place. Smile
marcgo15 Wrote:Nice mod Ozidave! Had I not converted my main board to PR1, I would install it since my spelling so bad Toungue.

I doubt it would spell-check PR1 and pass it anyway....... May have to re-write it... Toungue Big Grin Toungue Rolleyes
By the looks of it though, most varibles are still the same! Your should have no problem using this mod for PR1!!
Pages: 1 2