MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge and BbBoard v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I hope I'm putting this in the right forum. If not, I apologize.

My forum currently resides on BbBoard (aka BbBoy) version 1.4. We need to get off, because (frankly) it's a piece of garbage.

In This Thread, I noticed you considered adding support for BbBoard v2 to your "Merge" tool. Was such support ever added? Please say yes. Pretty please? We can convert our 1.4 to 2, if we can just find another package that handles the conversion. The only one we've found so far is vBulletin.
Well, if by "help" you meant "tell me there's no conversion tool for BBboard" then yeah, it did help. Big Grin

Thanks for the link. Pity we'll be unable to convert. Guess we're stuck having to buy vB....
Well, you can use the vb converter for free, and then use the MyBB vb converter (it should be released soon) to convert from vb to MyBB. That way you don't have to pay anything.
As far as I know, there is no free converter to vB. You don't get their ImpEx tool without buying a license for the software. And, honestly, if I'm buying it, I'm using it.

If there's a tool to convert to vB for free somewhere, please point me in the right direction. I would love to have that option!
Zherog Wrote:If there's a tool to convert to vB for free somewhere, please point me in the right direction. I would love to have that option!

This MyBB support forum... We can't provide support for vB as they are our competitor. Toungue
I think he means so he can convert to MyBB not to convert to vB, Snake.
xScopex Wrote:I think he means so he can convert to MyBB not to convert to vB, Snake.

Yes, sorry for the confusion. I meant that if there was a free tool somewhere that would turn my BbBoard database into a vB database (without the actual software), so that I could then take that vB database and upgrade to a better free forum package, well - I'm all ears! Er, eyes. Oh, you know what I mean... Wink
You can try converting to phpBB then convert to MyBB?
Again, as far as I know there's no converter to go from the piece of crap BbBoard to phpBB. It's like nobody wants BbBoard (and, really, I can't say that I blame them Wink ).
Pages: 1 2