MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Error] Authorisation code mismatch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I used to have MyBB 1.2.11 and when 1.2.12 was released, I deleted my board and downloaded the latest version of MyBB to install it on my server. Everything ran smoothly without a problem but just a few minutes ago, I tried to post but I got the following error message:

Quote:Authorisation code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.

I have a custom theme I made from the admin CP and when I uploaded my back-up, the theme was there already if it has anything to do with it.

Could anybody help me please? What's a board if we can't post anything? [Image: icon_help.gif]
Please, search the forum before posting your questions:

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=27700
EvilOnGo Wrote:Please, search the forum before posting your questions:

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=27700

Thank you but I wouldn't be posting something if I had an answer somewhere else already once I did a search!

It is simple to say to upgrade but what if we've already upgraded from 1.2.11 to 1.2.12?

Besides, I can't upgrade because I deleted the installation folder for security purposes of course.
You could turn your board off, upload the install folder again and then run the upgrade script.

Did you not do that before you deleted the install folder?
rh1n0 Wrote:You could turn your board off, upload the install folder again and then run the upgrade script.

Did you not do that before you deleted the install folder?

No, because like I said, I downloaded a fresh copy of 1.2.12 and installed it after deleting my board that was running on 1.2.11 so I thought everything was done until I tried to post earlier and got the error message.

I'm going to try what you said now and see if it works...

By the way, when uploading a backup that has a custom theme, is the custom theme and template are updated? I have an own created theme for my board and would like to know.
If you've already run the upgrade script there is no need to do it again. What you posted made me unsure of what you had done is all.

How do you mean you deleted your 1.2.11 forums?
rh1n0 Wrote:If you've already run the upgrade script there is no need to do it again. What you posted made me unsure of what you had done is all.

No, I hadn't. I only installed a fresh copy of MyBB 1.2.12 on my server after I had deleted my message board that was running on 1.2.11.

rh1n0 Wrote:How do you mean you deleted your 1.2.11 forums?

What I meant is that I was using MyBB 1.2.11! Therefore, before installing 1.2.12, I deleted it.
rh1n0 Wrote:You could turn your board off, upload the install folder again and then run the upgrade script.

Okay, thanks for the helpful help! It worked now.

Though, I kinda find it curious and weird that even if I had installed 1.2.12 already, I had to run the upgrade...
If you installed a fresh copy of MyBB then you do not need to run the upgrade script. As it is named upgrade script.

Edit: Well that's strange. At least it works now, great. Smile
rh1n0 Wrote:If you installed a fresh copy of MyBB then you do not need to run the upgrade script. As it is named upgrade script.

Edit: Well that's strange. At least it works now, great. Smile

Yes, that is the part that is strange! I installed MyBB 1.2.12 on my server and when I tried to post, I had the error message. That's why I asked for help here! Then, following your tip, I closed the board, reuploaded the install folder, launched the upgrade and now it works.

Go figure why! [Image: icon_confused2.gif] But at least it works now! Thanks again! [Image: icon_smile2.gif]
Pages: 1 2