MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Microsoft to get Yahoo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want everyones opinion on this; as everyone might have heard, Microsoft offered $44.6B to Yahoo in order to try to surpass Google in search. Do you think this will be a good investment for them? I'm not sure about the whole thing because this could effect Microsoft dramatically and the world's most used software.
Kind Regards.
I don't think so, I personally think it's stupid because it's just a number about top search engines, they probably won't make as much money as they spend on buying it.
£22.4 BN for Yahoo sounds reasonable for Microsoft. I say do it as I'm preferring Yahoo's site stats more than Google's.
I switched to Yahoo from Google about a year ago after the entire fiasco of privacy concerns, and the fact that after a few tests I performed, Yahoo seems to give much more accurate results.

However, I hope they don't accept the buyout. All Microsoft will try and do is incorporate Live Search into Yahoo...and seeing as Live Search sucks big time that can't be a good move.

I personally think that someone needs to come in a make a revolutionary new search engine, which fixes all the flaws currently exhibited in the current ones. i.e. a system that is as accurate as Yahoo, but without the massive amount of other content, and something fast like Google, but without the vulnerabilities (Google bombing etc).
I think Microsoft need to pull there heads out of the sand as all they will do is try and make it in to there crap Live Search for sure.
DrPoodle Wrote:I switched to Yahoo from Google about a year ago after the entire fiasco of privacy concerns, and the fact that after a few tests I performed, Yahoo seems to give much more accurate results.

However, I hope they don't accept the buyout. All Microsoft will try and do is incorporate Live Search into Yahoo...and seeing as Live Search sucks big time that can't be a good move.

I personally think that someone needs to come in a make a revolutionary new search engine, which fixes all the flaws currently exhibited in the current ones. i.e. a system that is as accurate as Yahoo, but without the massive amount of other content, and something fast like Google, but without the vulnerabilities (Google bombing etc).

That's actually incorrect; Microsoft stated that they are buying Yahoo! for their search engine to join forces with Microsoft "Developers" to enhance it but not to change it.
This was actually posted up on Yahoo! themselves. However, if they do get there hands on Yahoo! they're putting the company itself, "Microsoft" in danger. Yahoo! isn't doing as great as you think it is financially nor is the Microsoft company. They're just burying themselves deeper if I'm not mistaken.
Kind Regards.
DrPoodle Wrote:I personally think that someone needs to come in a make a revolutionary new search engine, which fixes all the flaws currently exhibited in the current ones. i.e. a system that is as accurate as Yahoo, but without the massive amount of other content, and something fast like Google, but without the vulnerabilities (Google bombing etc).

From what I heard, the creator of Wikipedia is creating a search engine... Hopefully it'll be good.
It's open source though, so everyone can find out the algorithms used.
See what comes about when you get Yahoo! and Microsoft.... Microhoo! (Micro.... WHO?) ROTLMAO... Sooorry, couldn't resist. Hahhah. Umm I think that M$ is looking to keep Yahoo!, Yahoo!
Microsoft would be better of spending their money developing a better OS than trying to beat google. In my oppinion they have no chance. It takes like 6 times longer to load yahoo than it does to load google and most of the time is taken by adds on yahoo and dont think microsoft will be willing to take those off. I dont think that microsoft and yahoo really understand what makes google so successfull, good, clean, free and easy to use products and its this that makes them successfull and because of this i click on google adds 10x more than other adds.
Pages: 1 2