MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is It Free To Make A Forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sorry if in wrong section but is it free to make a forum with this program?
You are free to use MyBB on your website, or any website.
Of course. Smile

There is no cost involved with the use of MyBB.
There may be costs for paying for the use of your web host (server), but our product is free.
Oh okay I was looking on this and saw something that said to make a forum you had to pay
Shadow Ultra Wrote:Oh okay I was looking on this and saw something that said to make a forum you had to pay

well mybb is free..Big Grin

But other forum softwares like vbulletin and Invision Board are paid ones in which you need to get a license in order to use them...
Oh can I make a forum without having to have a website too?
You can do anything you please with your forums. It is almost none of our concern.
We only ask that you keep the MyBB copyright (which you will see in the footer of your fourms [towards the bottom of the page]).

You should keep in mind other laws also.

Other than that (unless I've missed something), you're free to do as you please.
Okay but when I doanloaded it and stuff it came up with Documentation and Upload then alot of other stuff when I click on them so what do I do now?
Shadow Ultra Wrote:Oh can I make a forum without having to have a website too?

You will obviously need to have a website - not meaning you have to have a 'shadowultra.com' domain but an address would be handy, which if you wanted a TLD (Top Level Domain [eg; .com, .net, .co.uk, etc..]) then you will need to pay, then you need hosting, etc... however if you cannot do that then Create MyBB would be your best option. Smile
Well you don't really need a website. You don't really need a domain either (if you find a host which can give you a subdomain).

You can easily find a free host with the proper requirements ([Wiki: Requirements] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)) and be on your way.
Pages: 1 2