MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB Merge System 1.0 RC2 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
DennisTT Wrote:We already have a prototype for the SMF converter (and most of the other converters on the list to-do) through the beta testing we had a while ago. They just basically needs to be removed of bugs and tweaked a bit (although Tikitiki will probably say it's a lot more than that Toungue)

All of our converters listed have already been done. This release every few weeks allows me time to test each converter thoroughly before releasing it as a RC. If I released all the boards at once it would be a mess of bug reports. This way allows me to concentrate my efforts.
This make sence Tikitiki
If you release one to soon it is going to be a mess i agree
Thanks for a job well done, guys. Any approx. date for the vBulletin converters? Will help me quite a bit.
Hi soul,

At this point the best I can give you is it won't be out any time soon. The actual date depends on how fast we get the other converters out and stable enough to push out another converter.
Alright Tikitiki, I understand. Thanks for the quick reply and the great job you are all doing!
Being a beta tester for the merge system was a great honor and I have to say this. The vBulletin merge converter was excellent and worked great for me. Minus a few bugs that were worked out quickly I don't see any hindrances at all. Great work to all involved.
John Briggs Wrote:Being a beta tester for the merge system was a great honor and I have to say this. The vBulletin merge converter was excellent and worked great for me. Minus a few bugs that were worked out quickly I don't see any hindrances at all. Great work to all involved.

This is strange
There is a vbulletin converter that works and is not released

All converters that ar developt for all system even the big ones like vbulletin or invision always have som bugs
Even the phpbb3 convertor here is not working perfect
But it convert the database very good
Just a view ajustments

i understand that a bad working converter is not released
But if the converter works with a only a view bugs release it
This way you will have good feedback and users can find and help solved it

The more people use mybb the bether
There is a bug in the loginconvert plugin.

On line 76, there is a conditional that checks the version of MyBB installed to determine the format of the query commands used to update the sessions table.

In MyBB 1.4, the table prefix is handled by the DB commands themselves whereas in MyBB 1.2, it's inserted manually.

Right now, the condition is :
if($mybb->version_code >= 140)

It should be :
if($mybb->version_code >= 1400)

The latest MyBB 1.2 returns a version code of 1212 which is greater than 140 causing the first branch to be taken. The result is a database error whenever someone tries to login because the prefix is never inserted into the query and the board tries to access a "sessions" table which is nonexistent for those who use database prefixes.
damicatz, thanks for reporting that. It is fixed
Good job! =D Cant wait fot SMF converter to merge my forum into MyBB =)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5