MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB Merge System 1.0 RC2 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
just convert to phpbb3 and then to mybb

I have give up mybb
Becorse it is strange
All other board systems have converters that even if the not work perfect it is released and manny users ar happy
I read that there is a vbulletin converter that work but is not released
This is very strange
I ask myself is is there a prototype for the SMF converter

But annyway good luck with it

Ps. i still think that mybb is a good forum software
willem2 Wrote:just convert to phpbb3 and then to mybb

I have give up mybb
Becorse it is strange
All other board systems have converters that even if the not work perfect it is released and manny users ar happy
This is very strange

Just because you don't know the logistics of it, doesn't mean it's strange.
Tikitiki Wrote:

I have give up mybb
Becorse it is strange
This is very strange

You must agree Tikitiki that it sounds not only strange but kind of weird as well. If you go to other forums boards you will see that they have converters for almost any forum system available. Whereas you guys seem to lack in this department, even sound cold and uninterested. It seems as if you don''t want new users. Myself, I had been waiting for months to convert my forum to mybb, but for the reasons I mentioned above, I decided to go with the vb instead. How many people must have been in the same spot as me? Have you ever thought about that? I know that it takes time and efforts, but still???
This is meant like an constructive critisism, in a very good way. I am a big fan of mybb
dam Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:

I have give up mybb
Becorse it is strange
This is very strange

You must agree Tikitiki that it sounds not only strange but kind of weird as well. If you go to other forums boards you will see that they have converters for almost any forum system available. Whereas you guys seem to lack in this department, even sound cold and uninterested. It seems as if you don''t want new users. Myself, I had been waiting for months to convert my forum to mybb, but for the reasons I mentioned above, I decided to go with the vb instead. How many people must have been in the same spot as me? Have you ever thought about that? I know that it takes time and efforts, but still???
This is meant like an constructive critisism, in a very good way. I am a big fan of mybb

If you read the original announcement:

Quote:Each new release candidate will add another forum software converter to the already available forum software converters. This will be done about every two to four weeks and so we can give enough time to test the converters.

The next release candidate will add 3 new modules: SMF, vBulletin 3, and PunBB.

The Merge System is VERY complex. More complex then any other converter out there. Not only does it convert data, it seamlessly allows you to merge several boards into one. The only converter that I know of that is as competent as the MyBB Merge System is vBulletin's ImpEx converter. All other converters that I know of simply copy data from point a to point b and forces you to have a clean install of your board which wipes out most data, if not all, on your original board.

The second point is, this project was developed and handled alone, by myself. I also have a life and I am sorry if it interferes with your time restraints but that is something your going to have to live with.

Third, when we had our original beta, it was very hard to diagnose bugs and how to fix them because of how converters work. And, again, because this was a single man job and I had over 10 modules to test, with over 100 beta testers, and over 100 bug reports. It was overwhelming which is why I am taking the time to take this slow and make sure it's done right and it doesn't become overwhelming.

Again, I'm sorry if you have a problem with these things, but that is something your going to have to deal with.

Now that you know the logistics of it, I suggest you reconsider what you've said.
Tikitiki Wrote:
dam Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:

I have give up mybb
Becorse it is strange
This is very strange

If you read the original announcement:

Quote:Each new release candidate will add another forum software converter to the already available forum software converters. This will be done about every two to four weeks and so we can give enough time to test the converters.

The next release candidate will add 3 new modules: SMF, vBulletin 3, and PunBB.

The Merge System is VERY complex. More complex then any other converter out there. Not only does it convert data, it seamlessly allows you to merge several boards into one. The only converter that I know of that is as competent as the MyBB Merge System is vBulletin's ImpEx converter. All other converters that I know of simply copy data from point a to point b and forces you to have a clean install of your board which wipes out most data, if not all, on your original board.

The second point is, this project was developed and handled alone, by myself. I also have a life and I am sorry if it interferes with your time restraints but that is something your going to have to live with.

Third, when we had our original beta, it was very hard to diagnose bugs and how to fix them because of how converters work. And, again, because this was a single man job and I had over 10 modules to test, with over 100 beta testers, and over 100 bug reports. It was overwhelming which is why I am taking the time to take this slow and make sure it's done right and it doesn't become overwhelming.

Again, I'm sorry if you have a problem with these things, but that is something your going to have to deal with.

Now that you know the logistics of it, I suggest you reconsider what you've said.

Thanks for pointing me to those lines, I had missed them somehow when I read the merge system topic before. And I didn''t know that it was only you that handled that department single handed. I can only imagine what a great deal of work that must be involved. I think an apology from my part about the above post is in order here but the thing is that I want to use mybb so badly for my 5 sites and I am looking forward until you release the converters. Keep up the great work
dam Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:

I have give up mybb
Becorse it is strange
This is very strange

you must remember this is a FREE board, vbulletin an SMF are paid only boards
SMF is paid? IPB and vBulletin are the most popular paid forum packages.
No, smf is free
i suggest you guys do the free ones first for the merge system before the paid ones.
Well at the next RC we're going to have modules for the following free boards: phpBB2 and 3, SMF, punBB. I think those are the most popular free boards people are going to be converting from...so I don't see what's the problem in also working on the paid boards converters as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5