MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: EBay to ban negative seller views
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What do you think of this?

bbc Wrote:Online auction site eBay has said it plans to overhaul its feedback system and will ban sellers from leaving negative comments about buyers.

EBay said problems were occurring, and slowing down trade, when buyers left negative comments about sellers who then retaliated with their own views.

From May, those selling on eBay will not be able to leave unfavourable or neutral messages about buyers.

I personaly feel this now leaves ebays feedback system one sided in the favor of the buyer.
That's ridiculous. We'll have no way to tell who's bad now. What they need to do is stop the people from retaliating. Duh?
I've dealt with a lot of companies who had bad feedback, but responded with good excuses such as "We never received payment". At the end of the day it comes down to trust anyway, which is why I usually prefer to use Amazon.
Then what's the point of the feedback system?
I always check the seller reviews before I buy anything from sellers. You can normally tell the sellers who are "iffy" by checking their responses to these negative answers. If they are like a canned message, it means it happens so much they made a response Toungue

Anyways, I think it is stupid to ban them. I use them tremendously and I will be sad to see them go. Now everyone will be the perfect seller Sad
Soo, how are we supposed to know if someone is an unreliable seller? O_o
They should at least supply us with a number of unique buyers, and then the number of satisfied customers...
i hope thats not a reliable source because if they did i would be a lot more wary of useing ebay. I can understand where there coming from but you still need to have a way that buyers can say when they are getting riped of. I think that ebay should have moderators or something that sellers/buyers can go to if they think the feedback is unfair.
I think it's a good idea.
If you don't pay, you don't get the item. And anyway the seller can use the controversy tool. And what kind of idiot takes part to an auction, if it's not willing to pay?

If you do pay and don't get the item, you can't post negative review as the seller will reply with a bad feedback too. I'm still waiting for a book from a store i payed IMMEDIATELY via paypal on 28 december. Wasn't even an auction, and the store did not reply me till i opened a controversy. And it has the right to give me a negative feedback for what?

Many stores sell thousands items, and even if they get 2000 negative feedbacks, it's still 3% of the total (like the one I'm dealing with). While I don't know of many buyers who buy thousands items. So if they buy 5 items, and they get just one negative feedback, it's 20% negative!

Looks to me as a right of reprisal.
darkteller Wrote:Many stores sell thousands items, and even if they get 2000 negative feedbacks, it's still 3% of the total (like the one I'm dealing with). While I don't know of many buyers who buy thousands items. So if they buy 5 items, and they get just one negative feedback, it's 20% negative!

Looks to me as a right of reprisal.

My reasoning is why would they pick you to do it to? I just cant see why a seller would do thousands of transactions and suddenly decide to rip you off. Have you resolved anything with them?

I think they should still have negitive feedback but i think they should be able to be deleted unter certain curcumastances not just mutually withdrawn or replyed to.

Do you think it would work if the feedback was anonymous? Like so if you bought from someone who does thousands of transactions and they riped you off you could still reply with negitive feedback but the seller wouldnt know which specific user submited it? So the seller couldnt give you negitive feedback, only an honest one.
Pages: 1 2 3