MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: theme question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do i set a backround image for the forums. Not the category but for the forums under the category. also i want a backround image on the posts
thanx
Post me a couple of pics / images that you want to use and I'll have a play. Else email them to me, and make sure you put mybb in the topic line.. or I may delete it....

I had a full background nature-scene behind the test forum I had up.. but that's gone now. But your idea is a 'nice' one! Wink

The hardest thing is allowing it to expand as the forums increase and also the threads build up.

So not all pics will be suitable for that.
i mean a backround image where the arrow shows
Do you mean 'banner' style individual images for each and every thread, or just a 'wallpaper' pattern that lends itself to all of them ??.

Brother!! you picked a TOUGH ask !! Toungue

You mean like this, and each one could be individual... Toungue

But you would have to include the forum 'text' in the picture... to keep it to a reasonable size... else you could have Text and Image...

[attachment=994]
No i mean backround
I don't think you can transpose the text over a transparent background, at that level... meaning the text would have to be / could be part of the image.

Do some cutting and pasting of images and text, to give us a better idea of what you mean.. Wink
Have a look here......... because there are lots of things that can be done... but usually sacrifices something else.

http://ozidownunder.com/mybb
ACP -> Templates -> *Template Name* -> Forum Bit Templates -> forumbit_depth2_forum

That's the template responsible for the look of the actual "forum" you're wanting to customise. If you want to do the subforums as well, then edit the forumbit_depth1_forum template.
well, you could always put in the td of the cell, this code
style="background: url([b]./images/bg1.jpg[/b]);"
But that will display in all forums. Not just one. To have individual background images, it would require a big mod I'd imagine. One I wont attempt till myBB Gold is out.
Pages: 1 2