MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Webplanethost users please help me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What happened? I read that they closed down and got sold! Does this mean I've completely lost my site and databases?

Please help me!

Edit: You don't need to cap your whole message.
Where did you read this at?

Also if it was sold, the new owner should have all the data from the server.
i read this at dragynfire's forum. if u go to WPH, it takes u to some other host
Mo,

I assume you got my PM. Yes, unfortunately, WebPlanetHost is gone for good. As I said, I made a backup of my MySQL database, which is why I had a seamless transition to iVolve Host. Sadly, if you don't have any backups of your MySQL database, all your data has been lost, and you will need to start over. I'm sorry for you loss.
Wow. What a horrible host. You'de think they'd tell members that they have like 1 week to make back-ups.
tmhai Wrote:To all WPH Members,

As most of you know (WPH Members) I was the Super Moderator of their forums and I knew pretty much what was going on. Joe (aka Harsh), the owner was owing money to some people, including those who had registered the domain name 'webplanethost.com' and any other domains that users ordered from that site. So, the domains went into Receivership and because Joe wasn't co-operating (as in even answeing the phone) the people with the domains sold them and thats the end of WPH. But you may want to come to iVolve Host, which I host. I never neglect my Clients (sure, I'll be away for a day when you need me most but whats the biggy? Smile) and I run MyBB as my forums!!

- Bobby
I concur. This is great hosting, and it's cheap. I even bought a domain name through this service.
I would be very upset if this happened to me (well it did a few years ago). This is one of many reasons why you should backup your data everyday (or every few days).

I'm sorry to hear people lost their data, that really does suck. When looking for a host, it's always better to ask questions to see just how they do things. Also read their TOS and AUP before using their hosting.

A good place to get feedback on a host is www.webhostingtalk.com
I figured something was up with the hosting, because it was very slow for the last couple of days before it went down. That's when I started doing a backup every twelve hours, so I came out okay in the end.
I like running my own server Toungue
I agree snake1131. Most of the stuff I do is coded on localhost first, then uploaded. That way my computer is always up-to-date.
Pages: 1 2 3