MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: US Aid Figures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Quote:So your way of thinking is that these countries who have a much less population of people should match or beat the US figures by dollar amounts?

Putting words in my mouth? I didn't say that. Please read!!!

What these countries donate is purely their business and not mine. Just as it's the USA's business what we spend, NOT some foreign country looking for a handout.

Again! If it was up to me there would be very little foreign aid going anywhere. That's why I'm voting for Obama. He cares about the USA, our workers, and our economy first. What the bottom line is I personally am more concerned with my country and my families well being than with anyone else's. And it's all subjection-able whether there's shame in being the wealthiest country and not sharing. You have your beliefs an thoughts about digging into a strangers pocket and spending their hard earned money as you wish than I.

The Bono type mentalities that think we need need to give more and more and more can just take a backseat for a while and will. I'll vote for it.

Quote:I'm afraid the world doesn't quite work the way you think it does.
It does in America. It appears most Americans feel the same way I do. That's why our percentages are down Smile They feel the world gets enough too... If those percentages were that important to us they'd be up.... Percentages and ratios are used to extract more money as I stated above by foreign countries and foraging country lobbyist like Bono. But again, USA still donated the most total amount.

And also, these so called percentages are FLAWED! They don't factor in what it takes the American family to live or any other counties families(Inflation, annual incomes, taxes etc...). They don't factor in private USA donations from Businesses or individuals. Surly you number guys realize that you need that data to get a true figure of what Americans donate... lol... People like Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, movie stars, corporations, holiday time donations and more beat the US Gov't amount given....

And BTW. Australia in 2005 spent 32 percent of their foriegn aid money right in their own country... WOW.... Is this a joke. Sure, we'll give you money then take it back says these countries listed below.... Where's the USA?
http://www.globalhumanitarianassistance....%202006%20[2]%20Counting%20humanitarian%20assistance.pdf
Figure 2.4
DAC donors spending more than 25% of their
humanitarian assistance on domestic refugees
France 71%
Austria 64%
Switzerland 53%
Canada 52%
Denmark 41%
Sweden 38%
New Zealand 36%
Norway 34%
Australia 32%
Belgium 30%

Regards
This is a very hard topic to discuss. Because US did have horrible foreign policies in the cold war days. Such as supporting US supporting dictators (Ironic since America was founded on being against giving someone to much power). Also our aid isn't wasn't it used to be since our dollar is becoming worthless as time goes on. And part of this is the inflation tactics used to pay out this money.(Got love those rich government people who think they know how the economy works).

I say we stop doing foreign aid(At least until we pay of our 200 in something year debts) as well in less we stop our billions of dollars will end up being like millions of euros. Thus putting us in a position of being a far less amount of aid than pretty much every established modern country.

America has worried about the rest of the world for far to long and if our spending habits continue we will end up falling down the same way the Soviet Union did.
hemi Wrote:And also, these so called percentages are FLAWED! They don't factor in what it takes the American family to live or any other counties families(Inflation, annual incomes, taxes etc...). They don't factor in private USA donations from Businesses or individuals. Surly you number guys realize that you need that data to get a true figure of what Americans donate... lol... People like Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, movie stars, corporations, holiday time donations and more beat the US Gov't amount given....
Since when did individual donations count towards the donations given by the government...

You still have no idea what you are talking about do you???

The percentages DO take into consideration the taxes etc. They are based off the GDI/GDP:

GDP = consumption (taxes etc) + gross investment + government spending + (exports − imports)
DrPoodle Wrote:
hemi Wrote:And also, these so called percentages are FLAWED! They don't factor in what it takes the American family to live or any other counties families(Inflation, annual incomes, taxes etc...). They don't factor in private USA donations from Businesses or individuals. Surly you number guys realize that you need that data to get a true figure of what Americans donate... lol... People like Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, movie stars, corporations, holiday time donations and more beat the US Gov't amount given....
Since when did individual donations count towards the donations given by the government...

They don't Poodle, O.o but they don't correctly reflect the amount of Aid that comes from the USA in total and brings down the overall individual, corpororate and more gross givings for an inaccurate overall picture.

And also if those countries mentioned above is spending more than 25% of their
humanitarian assistance on domestic refugees they need to re-figure that into the figures also. Shouldn't count if they keep over 25 percent of "foreign Aid" in their country. The USA wasn't in that bracket.
Wow, hemi. You have a lot of time...

@darkteller
Sorry darkteller for the misconception of your nationality, now I know Smile.
I have to agree with you, once again. Something good is what I insinuated people to think of.
I see hemi has edited some of her/his posts rewording sentences and adding stuff.......Now that's a true politician, Obama would be proud!! :p
hemi Wrote:It does in America.
Yes! I had a bet with MiNT on how long it would take you to say "IN AMERICA!"... wish I'd put money on it now.

(If you have no idea why that is funny, watch one of the episodes of YuGiOh The Abridged Series with Bandit Keith in it).
Everybody here needs to take a step back. This thread can continue to stay open as long as all of you will discuss yourselves in a professional manner and not revert to antagonistic or rude use of the English language.
hemi Wrote:USA: 38,282 (million)
Could you please provide me with a link to an offical US government document with this figure on it.

Have you noticed that hemi uses alot of emotive language but little hard facts?
Also, i dont notice any non Americans fighting your your course.
lufbra Wrote:I see hemi has edited some of her/his posts rewording sentences and adding stuff.......Now that's a true politician, Obama would be proud!! :p

Read the time the post was made. Then see if anyone posted in-between my posts. Check quotes, nothing has changed. Nice try though. Smile My spelling isn't the greatest when I type faster Smile

Quote:Everybody here needs to take a step back. This thread can continue to stay open as long as all of you will discuss yourselves in a professional manner and not revert to antagonistic or rude use of the English language.

I must of missed something? I thought everyone was being alright? Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4