MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 23 X MyBB v1.2.12 Themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Don't be sorry Jackal. :p
Lopalong Wrote:
The Jackal Wrote:Silly question but why make users have to post once if they will be gone in 30 days?

That's typical of the attitude that made me decide not to want to be here anymore. I just got tired of people who are quite prepared to take anything they can get for nothing or NO effort on their part. Not even a thank you post.

I think your overreacting a little. What do you honestly expect people to do? Most do give thanks when new themes are posted here. More then likely it is by those who use them as well.
I'll admit too that i get a little dismayed when i see people like you acting the way your are. For one how exactly are you HELPING MYBB if yours ( or anyone elses ) themes are elsewhere? I think FAR TOO MANY forget that MYBB is still pretty young and needs this stuff here to further help the cause. Build this site up and trust me your own sites will take off as well that is dedicated to themes/mods via mybb. The ONE complaint i constantly see about this software is the LACK of themes. And a number of people i am pretty sure has gone elsewhere because of it. Yeah it is sad but that is how the world works unfortunatly. I think it would do ALL themers well if a little more time was spent here pushing thier new themes etc. Let people get to know about you and your work and then they will come. And while i am at it. Plus it doesnt help you guys either that there is a couple of what i would call bad apples who refuse to update their themes and or make them work correctly by taking FULL advantage of what this software has to offer. Ask me and i think MYBB could really use a theme staff to check and make sure all themes atleast work with the core mybb system.

But seriously dont let this all get you worked up. Believe me i am pretty sure everyone appreciates what you guys do. I know i do. yeah i complain a bit but that is because i want the best for all including yourselves. If need be take a little break ( all needs one once in a while ) and then come back.

Have a good evening. Smile
@ TheJackal
Mate,

No-one said you did, as a matter of fact you were one of the rare breed that actually posted something. Toungue

And I'm not singling anyone out, I'm only pointing to those who have the attitude that one is here solely for their benefit.

I'm also not going to make a big spiel out of this - MyBB users had their chance at the themes I made, all they had to do was to be polite enough to say thanks for the effort it took to make them.

They didn't, so I can't be bothered making, supporting or upgrading themes for them anymore.

Time to move on. Toungue

@HarryWx

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on what should or shouldn't be. But I tend to disagree with most of yours.
Lopalong Wrote:@ TheJackal
Mate,

No-one said you did, as a matter of fact you were one of the rare breed that actually posted something. Toungue

And I'm not singling anyone out, I'm only pointing to those who have the attitude that one is here solely for their benefit.

I'm also not going to make a big spiel out of this - MyBB users had their chance at the themes I made, all they had to do was to be polite enough to say thanks for the effort it took to make them.

They didn't, so I can't be bothered making, supporting or upgrading themes for them anymore.

Time to move on. Toungue

@HarryWx

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on what should or shouldn't be. But I tend to disagree with most of yours.

Thats cool. Mine was more of suggestions. But to each their own.

Have a good evening.
I like the vista teal, I'm working on a similar theme (A bunch different, although. Same concept). Some of the others are nice, but are kinda rough around the edges.
ahero4heor Wrote:I like the vista teal, I'm working on a similar theme (A bunch different, although. Same concept).

Good, Give me a look when you're finished. As I'd like to pick "holes" in it. Toungue

ahero4heor Wrote:Some of the others are nice, but are kinda rough around the edges.

Funny that you should say that? Others just took them and said nothing!

I did spend a lot of time improving some theme graphics, and for what? There was NEVER a post with with any suggestion on how to improve things, and NEITHER were there any thanks for the originals.

So WYSIWYG. Toungue

This is my latest WIP - And I'll try not to make it to rough! Wink

http://forum-styles.com/icy/index.php
Lopalong Wrote:This is my latest WIP - And I'll try not to make it to rough! Wink

http://forum-styles.com/icy/index.php

Very well done!
Quote:FirefoxWiz is the ONLY person granted a license to use these themes, graphics and .css in any way that she wishes to choose. No-One else has any right to use or distribute in part, any, or all of the graphics, modified templates, layout or .css in whole or as part of another theme.

You can't copyright CSS and looking at much of your work many appear to be phpbb or other forum themes modified for mybb. You can't claim copyright on those either. The statement that no one has the any "right to use" is also saying they can't even use the theme on their own forums. I don't see why you want to leave and have the work restricted. It certainly doesn't appear to have any future use to you.

Well...good luck sir in your future endeavors. People come and people go.
labrocca Wrote:You can't copyright CSS and looking at much of your work many appear to be phpbb or other forum themes modified for mybb. You can't claim copyright on those either.

Let me try this in the American language? Toungue

Where did I say Copyright? All that it implies is that FFW has the right to take My Work, and use it as she wishes. Toungue

The use of phpBB graphics was very limited, and nearly all of the postbit, minor and extra graphics were created by "yours truly" as I never liked the phpBB style anyway.

As for the layout, very little can be ported into MyBB; so yeah! - it's all hard work. Toungue

One should ask themselves if they can claim copyright to anything here that they do while using MyBB code to create it. As it is in fact, using someone else's code as the basis to create something new. ?

labrocca Wrote:The statement that no one has the any "right to use" is also saying they can't even use the theme on their own forums.

No it doesn't, it simply implies that what I did is not available to those who would use the work, and pass it off as their own, in part or as a whole.
labrocca Wrote:I don't see why you want to leave and have the work restricted. It certainly doesn't appear to have any future use to you.

And how many Plug-Ins and other associated MODS have been abandoned here by the original authors who have slapped © all over everything that they did.

The attitude of the Plug-In makers here is: "It's MINE - NO-ONE else has any right to modify it; It's MY ©" etc, etc. Sad

So no-one even wants to contrib any alterations, additions or modifications to the original MOD, so they just die here.
labrocca Wrote:Well...good luck sir in your future endeavors. People come and people go.

Or wander - - - - - -

But, Thanks Lab,

You always were a Gentleman, and one of the finer Members of MyBB Community. Toungue

Edit: And further to the above; I always acknowledged the original author of the graphics in the footers', and gave credit where credit was due. It's a pity that others here DON'T do the same. Sad
Being angry at Everyone isn't the answer Lopalong... You've dogged out most of the MyBB Members, Americans and Labrocca.

Quote:Let me try this in the American language?
Please give the Anti-American comments and sentiment a rest!

I still can't believe after all this time, there are still people who think everyone plays by the physical and moral rules layed down to use a plug-in or theme. I wish everytime I done something nice someone said thank you. You can't even hold the door for someone without getting something negative now days. Unfortunatly it's how the world is. This is what breaks the crowd up. People who design themes and understand how the world really is keep going. They've seen reality and accept it. They also chose to move on and keep making themes and not let the very few abusers there are get the best of them. Are those people really worth the effort to get mad at? You've made a great contribution to MyBB and a LOT of effort. It's something to be proud of, not be mad about.

Good luck Lopalong
Regards
Pages: 1 2 3