MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: white screen during instalation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I have run the Instalation after Settingup the Database Engine and the Database Passwort and so on when i kliccked next step my screen is only whit with no letters on.
Can someone help me
greetings psykosnake
As a matter of interest, did you leave the setting 'localhost' as is, or did you change it to a url.
What host are you using?
Im using the local host.
I want to have the site on my root server ip.
If I understand you correctly... You have to install it under the public_html dir for it to work.

You can't access the root of your server account from the web by using a browser.
if that doesn't work. create a php file, called index.php put it in your public_html folder and put this in it.

<?php header(url:http://yourdomain.com/mybbdir/index.php); ?>
That should redirect it. If it doesnt, try putting some quotation marks (") on each inside of the brackets. That will redirect automatically.

If you don't know how to make php files, open up a text editor like notepad.

**extra**

with the errors you are occuring with a blank page.
can you please paste the URL you were browsing to see that error.

as well as pasting the source code of the page.
Ozidave Wrote:If I understand you correctly... You have to install it under the public_html dir for it to work.

You can't access the root of your server account from the web by using a browser.
Not all hosts or servers use a public_html setup. I believe in this instance he meant the root as being the / of his webserver.. so http://localhost/

Can you tell me which versions of PHP/MySQL and Apache you have installed?

As it seems to have died after entering database details, do you have the mysql extension loaded in php.ini or built in to PHP?
Apache= 1.3.33
MySql= 4.024
Php = 4
Sorry i dont know if i had loaded any extension in my php.ini
Chris, if the installation was setup correctly, if mySQL can't handle any functions, shouldn't it have been called up in any die() functions in the code?

Psykosnake, my server is running pretty much the same as yours,
my apache is 1.3.33 (Unix)
MySQL is 4.0.20 - standard
PHP is 4.3.9

Therefore it isn't the server.
psykosnake, I'd be interested to know if you downloaded myBB from this website or from somewhere else.

Anyway, also check that you changed the CHMOD of the settings.php and config.php files. The installation does check but the ability to write into those files might have been changed and therefore when it tried to retrieve those values from those files to connect to the database it couldn't and therefore didn't generate any code leaving a white/blank page.

*edit, finished sentence*
Pages: 1 2