MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quotes about MyBB from another board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:And guys i have tested this and it is 100% looking like phpbb but better, and i am not kidding.

Quote:Lets See its better than Vbulletin and Invision And phpbb, Vbulletinu have to pay and same with invision, you get causht and ur in serious sh*t, This is better than all of m put together. AND THIS IS FREEEE!!!!!

Quote:it's no bad but not at all as good as IPB. Invision is my favorite!! Smile

Quote:this is better and free Wink

Quote:phpbb is still better because of more mods.

Quote:and phpbb has more exploits Smile would you like to gert hacked )

Quote:i'm sure if mybb was as popular as phpbb the same amount of exploits would be found
in the past i tried out mybb , not to bad of a program but lacking in the mods area, but if your just after a quick and easy ready to go forum then mybb isn't to bad

Quote:yea Smile they just need more mods but if you ask on the site thy will make what mod you request
i agree with most of them lacking in some areas, but still holding down as one of the best free forum softwares, but it also lacks notice, meaning more people need to know about it. Also i quote from Tommy Dreamer from the DVD "The Rise and Fall of ECW"

Quote:You can have the best product in the world, but if no one knows about it, you have nothing.
Agree with you phenetic. I understand that one way to do it is to get more third-party products available for MyBB. This will not only enhance MyBB user base but also improve their own saleability. I have talked to the makers of FlashChat to make their chat software MyBB-compatiable. I have also sent emails to Subdreamer team to also consider MyBB for their product. As a loyal MyBB user, we need to preach it anywhere we go. Isn't it? Smile
What we can hope for is our own forum thing at TAZ (The Admin Zone) since alot of webmasters go there, they might consider using MyBB
Mybb doesnt lack mods . there moders who do mods.
What really mybb lacks is intergrations.
Tsakalos Wrote:Mybb doesnt lack mods . there moders who do mods.
What really mybb lacks is intergrations.

That depends, you come here and ask for a mod, someone usually makes it. I'm holding off until gold before I start modding.

Intergrations? Intergrations into what? With all the future mods coming out for MyBB it would be almost pointless to intergrate it into something else instead of just using the MyBB mod.
Intergrations with content management systems php chat programms etc
In a way I can understand why some people are waiting untill gold before doing mods. With the plugin system it's going to make adding and coding modifications so much easier. Most of the current hacks make you edit lines of php code, with the plugin system most hacks won't make you edit php code anymore.

Marc
This doesnt solve the intergration. We want a good a forum a good gallery a good content management sustem and a good chat script. All of these with 1 Registration.

thanx Smile
Tsakalos Wrote:This doesnt solve the intergration. We want a good a forum a good gallery a good content management sustem and a good chat script. All of these with 1 Registration.

thanx Smile

I had the same problem, I requested stuff and nobody would make it. So what I did was pick up a 529 paged book on php and mysql, now i'm very good and hope to be added as a developer for MyBB.

You have many options to solve your problem, learn how to do it, go to the owner of a gallery and cms script that you like ask them to make it intergrate with mybb or pay someone to do it for you.
Pages: 1 2