MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What we need.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What we need are more themes that look more professional. Like the navigation needs to be more professional like this one. (without the images) we need more fixed themes like ipb. I know i am asking for a lot and i shouldn't be saying this sence i take no contribute in this sence i barely know how to make skins for mybb.

-Apropowerranger
You CAN make any theme fixed for MyBB... And I think the 'Fantasy' theme looks a lot like an IPB theme, if you're looking for a good theme that looks like an IPB one.
It also can depend on how you picture professional. Some people mite think what we have now if professional and others do not.
crsoft Wrote:It also can depend on how you picture professional. Some people mite think what we have now if professional and others do not.

You ever seen the selection for IPB, vB and PHPBB 2 and 3? Trust me this is one area that could use some big improvements here at MYBB. I REALLY wish i knew how to do them as i would be taking FULL advantage of the situation here. This IS the fastest growing and overall best BB system out there that is free BAR NONE and is gonna be right up there with the paid guys once 1.4 ever gets out. Wanna make a name for yourself or site? This is PRIME TIME and all for the taken. Gotta admit i am very suprised nobody has really taken advantage of it yet. yes there has been/is some nice themers but it is still seriously lacking and plenty of room for a bunch more.
The theme section for vB sucks compared to MyBB, there free themes are horrible on the official vb mod site. Only good themes for vB cost.
HarryWx Wrote:You ever seen the selection for IPB, vB and PHPBB 2 and 3? Trust me this is one area that could use some big improvements here at MYBB. I REALLY wish i knew how to do them as i would be taking FULL advantage of the situation here. This IS the fastest growing and overall best BB system out there that is free BAR NONE and is gonna be right up there with the paid guys once 1.4 ever gets out. Wanna make a name for yourself or site? This is PRIME TIME and all for the taken. Gotta admit i am very suprised nobody has really taken advantage of it yet. yes there has been/is some nice themers but it is still seriously lacking and plenty of room for a bunch more.
What's stopping you from reading a few tutorials and learning how to do it? Toungue It's the way I learned.
FirefoxWiz Wrote:What's stopping you from reading a few tutorials and learning how to do it? Toungue It's the way I learned.

Me too, FirefoxWiz. And if I can do it, anyone can learn themes! I know that sounds cliche but its true!! I'm usually REALLY bad at this kind of stuff. Anyway, I am out of inspiration for themes, so I will go poke around some other theming communities and email authors to see if I can remake any of their themes for MyBB. (Maybe the original poster could point me in the direction of some good theme sites that you looked at which you'd like to see on MyBB?) (PM me)

As for professional themes, there's actually a lot of them. It depends on how you define professional. For me, its one color and a bunch of different shades of it, all blending into each other seamlessly. However, for others, and I think what the original poster is referring to is Web 2.0 ish themes, which I agree there aren't many of, because its fairly hard to do well.
I rate Neowins forums as a professional theme, just my opinion Smile
FirefoxWiz Wrote:
HarryWx Wrote:You ever seen the selection for IPB, vB and PHPBB 2 and 3? Trust me this is one area that could use some big improvements here at MYBB. I REALLY wish i knew how to do them as i would be taking FULL advantage of the situation here. This IS the fastest growing and overall best BB system out there that is free BAR NONE and is gonna be right up there with the paid guys once 1.4 ever gets out. Wanna make a name for yourself or site? This is PRIME TIME and all for the taken. Gotta admit i am very suprised nobody has really taken advantage of it yet. yes there has been/is some nice themers but it is still seriously lacking and plenty of room for a bunch more.
What's stopping you from reading a few tutorials and learning how to do it? Toungue It's the way I learned.

I am actually slowly learning my way around it ( actually have done some reading up on it too ) but believe me i have a VERY LONG ways to go. Toungue
Well, start simple and work your way up... Just look at Tomdickandharry. He's got a nice collection and they're getting better every time! Smile

I'm working on a short visual tutorial for you n00bs Toungue! Check for it later.
Pages: 1 2