MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Putting Google Adsense Ads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, this is my first post here...

I may be too amateur in my query here but....
I have recently setup a forum on which I need to place Google Ads before making the forum active....
I searched for directions to do so and found that I must place the Google Adsense code in header and footer files. However, doing so will induce ads to be displayed on all pages, which I believe, is against Google Adsense TOS, although I am very confused about this.... Shy

Also I am unsure about whether we can place ads anywhere on a page or only at top or bottom....

Please shed some light as to which are the places on the fourm where I can legally put my ads and also provide some directions as to exactly where and in which file the code may be placed......

Thanks in advance!
To OP: I have yet to have any real problems with the adsense being on login pages. While technically it's against TOS I don't think adsense really puts much care into it. If you must you could use a plugin and then check page and have the ads disallowed.
I have a Google search and small ad in my navigation bar, then use a plugin which places an advertisement after the first post of each thread.
I don't think casiocasio's post helped at all.....

Anyway, I guess it will be safe enough to place an advertisement after the first post of each thread as these can in no way be called "non-content" pages.... So how do I do that? I mean which plugin do I use? I have already installed a plugin called 'Inline Ads', but I do not know how to configure that using Plugin Manager. When I click on that I am taken to http://www.mybboard.net/

Please help! Smile
If you want the easy way just use the Side Box mod and put the adsense ad in the custom box. Else you can add it to almost any of the templates. Although the header is probably the best you could put it in the display thread one or something. Correct me if i am wrong but does the forum description accept html? Because if so you could aslo put it there.
Can you please explain me in detail how do I find the side box mod and create a custom box, please?
I have a good Inline ads plugin you can use for adsense that's acceptable to their TOS. You can see it at mybbcentral and it's also here in the mods database.
Yes I have installed Inline Ads Plugin and I can see it in Plugin Manager and have also activated it, but I don't know how to configure it.... I mean how do I put MY adsense code into it. Will I have to edit the php file before uploading it ?
Have you looked in Admin CP --> Board Settings --> Change. Usually plugins will create settings in there.
Yes now I can manage plugins effectively....

I guess I will use Inline Ads plugin and display ads after every x posts.....
But I am still unclear on which pages I must place ads and what kind of ads...
I mean can I place a 160 x 600 banner at my index page using Side Box mod as Wheel-World says.... Does it comply with Google Adsense TOS? I have sent them email but havent got reply....

Please help!
Pages: 1 2