MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't get any weirder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I was trying to help someone log on to my site when I noticed something funny. Every minute, his IP Address changed and the numbers were increasing each time. He joined with 65.something yesterday and was at 165-167.something today. It's very strange, but sort of funny.
Proxy? At school or work (where they sometimes have long lists of ips like that), maybe?
He was on his home computer. There shouldn't be hundreds of IPs for one area. The weirdest thing is what he said he's using. He told me he's got shoddy. I have no clue what that is.
Must have been a proxy if he said was using his home PC the whole time.
It gets stranger. I'm an Admin at a website, and the owner left me in charge for a few days. Well, a member logs in and ends up as a guest still after logging in. He has me try logging in to his account and I have no problem. Well, I'm on a Wii, so I try using the home computer it's tied to so I'm using the same IP Address, which I was, and I couldn't log in any account. It's weird cause a computer can't get in, but a Wii can.
Did you clear your cookies and cache on your PC after logging off your account?
Always do. We both tried, but only the Wii made it through. On both, we got the You have successfully logged in, but we'd be guest again after that on the PC. No problems with the Wii. Just a normal log in. I think it's a problem with our host, quotaless. There was too many SQL errors and I don't understand them at all.
Quote: we got the You have successfully logged in, but we'd be guest again after that on the PC.

This only happens on MyBB for some reason. Make sure your cookie domains are set right in the Admin Paanel - a Wii would have a different method of storing cookies than a standard web browser, so this could be the reason.
blueparukia Wrote:
Quote: we got the You have successfully logged in, but we'd be guest again after that on the PC.

This only happens on MyBB for some reason. Make sure your cookie domains are set right in the Admin Paanel - a Wii would have a different method of storing cookies than a standard web browser, so this could be the reason.

How do I set it and what do I set it to?
That's based on your site's setup. I believe there is a helpful section in the Wiki that goes over all of the settings along with examples.

Keep in mind that the wrong settings could leave your site dead in the water without phpMyAdmin and/or FTP access, so I'd wait until the owner returned if you do not have this access.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5