MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: now ,, or wait
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello ,,,

i want to install forum in my site ,,
and this is my first time
after 1 month comparing and studying the sevral forums
i see mybb is the best free forum ,,,

So ,, i want to install it what do you think i should wait to mybb1.4 released ??

or this is not a problem i can install 1.2.12 and i can easily update it when 1.4 released ????

i know my english too bad i hope the qustion is clear ,,,

thanks,,
Provided you do not use many of the more complex plugins (which may take some time to be upgraded to suit 1.4) or require themes that are also made for 1.2 - upgrading to 1.4 is intended to be very easy.

It would be possible for you to start your forums now and update to 1.4 when it is released. Smile
rh1n0 Wrote:It would be possible for you to start your forums now and update to 1.4 when it is released. Smile

The best Idea. Don't do like my software users do, a big mistake. They all stop downloading to wait for a new release that could take weeks.
Regards.
No point waiting as no one knows when 1.4 will be out. It's best to start now and then upgrade Toungue
Jag100 Wrote:No point waiting as no one knows when 1.4 will be out. It's best to start now and then upgrade Toungue

Ye it could be weeks, month, years so install 1.2 and get going that why i am sure they will be make it easy to upgrade.
Das Tier Wrote:Ye it could be weeks, month, years so install 1.2 and get going that why i am sure they will be make it easy to upgrade.
We aim to have it out before the beginning of next year at least. Wink
rh1n0 Wrote:Provided you do not use many of the more complex plugins (which may take some time to be upgraded to suit 1.4) or require themes that are also made for 1.2 - upgrading to 1.4 is intended to be very easy.

It would be possible for you to start your forums now and update to 1.4 when it is released. Smile

Now you have me a little nervous.

What is considered a more complex plugin? Arcade mod?

Shouldnt a simple turning off of the plugins suffice?
The files that you install in ur cpanel may be named differently or something.

It may be only for MyBB 1.2.12
HarryWx Wrote:
rh1n0 Wrote:Provided you do not use many of the more complex plugins (which may take some time to be upgraded to suit 1.4) or require themes that are also made for 1.2 - upgrading to 1.4 is intended to be very easy.

Now you have me a little nervous.

What is considered a more complex plugin? Arcade mod?

Shouldnt a simple turning off of the plugins suffice?
Yes, it should. He was just saying after 1.4 was released, it may take time for people to upgrade their plugins to work with 1.4; so, if you wanted to keep all of your plugins after 1.4, you'd have to wait until they are made compatible, which may to longer for more complex plugins. Deactivating all of your plugins before upgrading should be fine.
csteam Wrote:hello ,,,

i want to install forum in my site ,,
and this is my first time
after 1 month comparing and studying the sevral forums
i see mybb is the best free forum ,,,

So ,, i want to install it what do you think i should wait to mybb1.4 released ??

or this is not a problem i can install 1.2.12 and i can easily update it when 1.4 released ????

i know my english too bad i hope the qustion is clear ,,,

thanks,,

Well if you want to get your forum up in a hurry, then just install your board now. Once Mybb 1,4 you can always upgrade.
Pages: 1 2