MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Feedback on theme for my forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I wanted a dark theme for my forum that fit the topic of my site and well not many options for the type of site i have which is the weather. So i decided to do up my own theme. I called the theme Wx2! This is my first ever so go easy on me. Toungue

Oh and yes i know about the logo/banner.
[attachment=9235]

[attachment=9236]

[attachment=9237]

[attachment=9238]

[attachment=9239]

Comments?
It looks really good i think!
I like it! Kinda reminds me of VB in a small way!
Thanks ! Big Grin
Personally I don't like it, simply because it reminds me of a PHPBB 1.x or MyBB 1.x beta forum, just by the post icons and font. The colors are good but I wouldn't think to myself that your forum was a MyBB forum instantly, usually I can tell within seconds the software a forum is running.

I guess too I don't like the gritty look, which is kinda what I get from this theme.

The colors are great though, it's just the fonts and post icons could use some clean up.

But that's just me. Smile

It's a lot better though than anything I could do for a first theme. Keep on working on it, as with anything in life you'll only get better with practice.

BMR777
I like the whole idea, but you could use some better icons Smile Try looking around you'll find them and try making them the same size as each other.

Good luck and pretty nice try! Smile
BMR777 Wrote:Personally I don't like it, simply because it reminds me of a PHPBB 1.x or MyBB 1.x beta forum, just by the post icons and font. The colors are good but I wouldn't think to myself that your forum was a MyBB forum instantly, usually I can tell within seconds the software a forum is running.

I guess too I don't like the gritty look, which is kinda what I get from this theme.

The colors are great though, it's just the fonts and post icons could use some clean up.

But that's just me. Smile

It's a lot better though than anything I could do for a first theme. Keep on working on it, as with anything in life you'll only get better with practice.

BMR777

Thanks for that feedback.

have a screen shot of a phpbb1 or the mybb 1 beta? I have never seen either. Big Grin

Any suggestion on the font?

Would probably help if i get the banner done up that i want for that theme. Supposed to have a night time weather feel to it. Thus the icons will probably change.

Quote:Posted by surfnlearn - Today 10:11 AM
I like the whole idea, but you could use some better icons Try looking around you'll find them and try making them the same size as each other.

Good luck and pretty nice try!

Are the icon colors ok though? As said i made everything myself including those. Thus i can quickly fix if thats what it is.

Thanks as well for the feedback. Big Grin
PHPBB 1.X compared to your theme.

I think what makes it look like a PHPBB 1.x forum to me is that it is very minimalistic. Also, the colors, icons and such remind me of the earlier web, pre Y2K, where things just looked older. I can't describe it other than your theme makes the MyBB software look "old" for some reason, at least in my opinion.

BMR777
BMR777 Wrote:PHPBB 1.X compared to your theme.

I think what makes it look like a PHPBB 1.x forum to me is that it is very minimalistic. Also, the colors, icons and such remind me of the earlier web, pre Y2K, where things just looked older. I can't describe it other than your theme makes the MyBB software look "old" for some reason, at least in my opinion.

BMR777

Thats cool.

Maybe i am missing it but i am not seing it. How is it minimalistic? because i didnt use a bunch of different colors? If so that is what i was aiming for.
Basically had a few people on my site asking for a dark theme without bright colored text ( had brighter /different text at first and they complained and i changed it ) and that is what i came up with. I figured having the group colors to posts/threads in the forum index, the dropdown menu, along with the last post section i edited on the index page would be enough as far as colors go. Plus the colors i am using for the groups were done that way so it looks ok on all the themes i am using. I have a few different ones. Light and dark.

This is awesome feedback btw. Keep it coming. Big Grin

Thank you.
I like it, looks interesting to me. May I have the theme?
Pages: 1 2