MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Html question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I wanted to ask this question for some time, but I didn't know where..

Hear me, ye masters of web: If I make a, let's say, 1000px design, made with tables, and within the design, I make another table, and set its width to, let's say, 200px, and I write in that table a line that exceeds the 200px limit, will the table be deformed, or will a new line be made?

I'm asking this because I worked a bit with percentage widths, and whenever I wrote inside a table beyond its px limit, it started breaking up the page.

If it does break, is there another way of fixing this, besides nasty php things or word-break css thing that's useless in Firefox?
<br>?
I mean automatically.
The table should format correctly unless you have a really long word that exceeds 200px.

Seriously though, why are you using tables, this is 2008, not 1998.
Whats wrong with tables??
Nothing if they are used for their purpose of holding tabular data. They are not really meant to be used for site layout division though, that's what CSS and div's are for.
W3C has said that tables should not be used to create website, rather divs. However, tables can be used for displaying data on a chart. I like to use divs, since tis much simpler and easier. The choice is yours though.
I prefer tables myself. Then again, I never got into CSS really so maybe that's why. Big Grin
MrDoom Wrote:Nothing if they are used for their purpose of holding tabular data. They are not really meant to be used for site layout division though, that's what CSS and div's are for.
That is where you are right Smile
MrDoom Wrote:Seriously though, why are you using tables, this is 2008, not 1998.

Ahem... MyBB?
Pages: 1 2