MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: To the MyBB Community....Would you ever...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I am a little adverse to paying for templates anyone else can buy, as I like anything I do to be unique.

However, if I can have a custom one made, I will willingly pay more or less any reasonable amount, based on the quality of the design and code. Basically, so long as it works on every browser, looks good and is unique, I'll pay for it.
It would be a restart for MyBB if every themers or modders going to do the same thing.
(2008-06-08, 12:27 PM)xiaozhu Wrote: [ -> ]It would be a restart for MyBB if every themers or modders going to do the same thing.

Most modders and themers stick to free releases either under GNU/GPL or custom licenses.
(2008-06-09, 09:12 AM)Ryan Ashbrook Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-06-08, 12:27 PM)xiaozhu Wrote: [ -> ]It would be a restart for MyBB if every themers or modders going to do the same thing.

Most modders and themers stick to free releases either under GNU/GPL or custom licenses.

He did say 'if'. Smile

Glad most modders are themers are going for this.
I am in two minds of this, at first when labrooca made the choice to offer the subscription service for his stuff i was a little shocked given the amount of support he has given around here.

However i am now in support of what he has done and while i have not choosen to suscribe at the moment i most likely will in the near future.

I am also a firm believer in keeping things free and feel that MyBB is now really blossuming and that we will see more and more coders start to offer both paid and free themes and plugins over the coming months and this will be great for the community and we will see the dev team adding more features etc. to what is already a great product.

Personally when i get some time i will start releasing a few new themes just way to busy at the moment and i will release them for free but thats just the way i do things...

FnT...
Pages: 1 2 3 4