MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: theubuntuforums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I set this community up months ago (Feb this year) but I've been working on a custom theme for the site. I'm posting here now because I've just made the theme viewable to the public (it was in Alpha now it's a public Beta lol)

Anyway, this theubuntuforums.org is basically what the url says. It's for Ubuntu fans or new users of Ubuntu who need support or just want to talk about their OS.

I'm a member of the Official Ubuntu forums but because they have half a million users it feels like I have no identity.

Here's the link again: theubuntuforums.org
Nice theme, and I like the Navigation Bar at the top, is that a plug in that's available anywhere?
lufbra Wrote:Nice theme, and I like the Navigation Bar at the top, is that a plug in that's available anywhere?

No, unfortunately, it's not a plug in. It's personally developed.
Very nice theme! Good luck with the site! Smile
I love that theme! I'm going to join.
That nav bar is awesome and original It is such a good idea making it like the ubuntu one!
I have Ubuntu installed on a friend's laptop, so I will probably join up for some help. I'm terrible with Linux at the moment until I can learn some more.
(2008-06-09, 06:43 AM)Wheel-World Wrote: [ -> ]That nav bar is awesome and original It is such a good idea making it like the ubuntu one!

Yeah I've found that accessing my inbox is much faster, as well as editing most profile info is faster too. However adding new menu items is a pain.

(2008-06-09, 07:45 AM)Lynnis Wrote: [ -> ]I have Ubuntu installed on a friend's laptop, so I will probably join up for some help. I'm terrible with Linux at the moment until I can learn some more.

Sounds good. There's actually an app that will let you install Ubuntu into Windows and adds an entry to Add/Remove allowing you to uninstall Ubuntu if you don't like it: http://wubi-installer.org/
(2008-06-09, 02:45 PM)c0lin Wrote: [ -> ]There's actually an app that will let you install Ubuntu into Windows and adds an entry to Add/Remove allowing you to uninstall Ubuntu if you don't like it: http://wubi-installer.org/
I've used it, it works well.
Great forum.. Loads slow for me though Smile
Pages: 1 2