MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Opera 9.5 Final Released!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2008-06-13, 07:09 PM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]Why did microsoft and opera try to get into a battle that they were not invited to?

Ummm, that makes no sense. Microsoft and Opera were two of the first browsers... unless you're talking about another battle then why do they need to be invited?
From what I hear, IE 8 is the only one of the three to pass the "standards" test with flying colors anyway.
(2008-06-14, 12:07 AM)blueparukia Wrote: [ -> ]As for me, I downloaded 9.5 yesterday and I disliked the new tab layout and the "new tab" button.

They uploaded the "classic" theme (should be the first when you look under Editor's Picks), IIRC.
Quote:m what I hear, IE 8 is the only one of the three to pass the "standards" test with flying colors anyway.

For Acid 3, only Opera and Safari development builds pass it.

Quote:They uploaded the "classic" theme (should be the first when you look under Editor's Picks), IIRC.

I never lliked that one either :p I always use Lix or Shadowgaurd.
(2008-06-14, 02:29 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-06-13, 07:09 PM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]Why did microsoft and opera try to get into a battle that they were not invited to?

Ummm, that makes no sense. Microsoft and Opera were two of the first browsers... unless you're talking about another battle then why do they need to be invited?

No, the battle was a recent one between apple and mozilla. They were trying to create the fastest browser and which is why firefox kept getting faster each beta version to #3. That's also why safari is so fast. IE just decided, well they are really fast, lets make 8 fast. And I never keep up with opera, so I am not sure why they talk about speed.

IE 8 does look pretty interesting with the classic look, but as long as it follows ie 7 and vista it might be pretty bad.
Opera 9.5 IS the fastest browser - Safari is very slow on older machines (P3 and earlier) because it uses Apples own control set, which requires a later CPU. Safari is still the slowest browser on my C2D, 2GB RAM machine - with Opera the fastest, Firefox the second and IE the third.

Just ran a test loading Google.com on different browsers:

Opera: 0.97 seconds
IE: 2.08 seconds
Fx: 1.21 seconds
Safari: 2.6 seconds
Well it also depends on if the sites cached in the browser. Plus different browser handle different things differently which will also effect load time.

But Opera has always been fast if not the fastest.
Connection speed is a factor too... but I guess those precious 8 tenths of a second will add up over time.
Huh, this page only took me .310 seconds to load in firefox 2, which is slower than firefox 3. Maybe I just have a really fast network connection. Oh, but I am connected tirelessly bringing it down. Hmmmmm....
(2008-06-16, 04:30 AM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]Huh, this page only took me .310 seconds to load in firefox 2, which is slower than firefox 3. Maybe I just have a really fast network connection. Oh, but I am connected tirelessly bringing it down. Hmmmmm....

Cache?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5