MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Opera 9.5 Final Released!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
LOL So far ff3 is bugless for me. Perhaps Opera isn't as good. But I am trying both.
I wonder what's the conflicts with your guys's installs. It has to be either some weird config issue they weren't able to test, or some profile-related issue...
For a file double the size, it sure does take opera a long time to download. Firefox downloaded in about a minute. Opera took over 10 minutes.
Quote:For a file double the size, it sure does take opera a long time to download

Err..what? FF3 is bigger than Opera, but not double the size. Nor is Opera double the size as Firefox :s Maybe Opera has worse servers.

Ahh, its been a big week for browsers, if only Safari and IE released new versions Confused
(2008-06-18, 04:03 AM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]For a file double the size, it sure does take opera a long time to download. Firefox downloaded in about a minute. Opera took over 10 minutes.

Are you trying to do a test? Then thats not a fair test.

1) File size different
2) Bandwidth of the server is different as well
Not a test. I am merely pointing out that the exe installer for firefox 3 said it was smaller than operas. And Opera took a lot more time to download. This has nothing to do with the browsers themselves. I am still testing them seeing which is better browser as we can all have enough patients to wait for a download to finish if it's a better browser. To me it seems that Opera would have had better servers though with their deal regarding the wii. But I was wrong.
I downgraded to 9.27...huge shame but I couldn't take it anymore.

I will be installing 9.5 as a seperate install to test and unless they fix these problems I won't be using it for main browser. I remember how Netscape dropped the ball so many years ago. Yes before being an Opera user I was with Netscape (4.7?)..but it was quickly becoming a mess. So off to Opera I went. If this is how Opera is going to be...I will find another browser. Firefox is a maybe but there are other projects too. I try to keep an open mind.
I hope you reported your issues to the developers so that they have a chance to fix them. I have no probs so far. Smile
I tried opera once but it was long ago and i dont remember how it was
The new style is kinda cool. Fits me more. But it is slower than firefox 3 for me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5