MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: confession/confussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
THE CONFESSION

this is the first time i am disclosing thiss.i am a 17 years old boy and from Nigeria,i think i am the youngest forum owner in my country(bcos i got by foru at the age of 15) and maybe the youngest webmaster.sorry if i asked silly questions bcos my stilll young and childish.

[u]THE CONFUSSION[u]

i have been giving admission to study medicine and computer science by two different colleges after waiting for a year to get admission(i graduated from high school at the age of 15).i love computer as a hobby but i dont know what the study have for me in future.any advice?
Well there is always the broad computer science. But what do you like about computers? Do you like messing with the insides(Hardware) or coding(software). Or you do you just like using all the fabulous programs Toungue.
Not the youngest webmaster in the world. Maybe the country.
Isn't that what he said?
Yeah, cause I'm 15 atm, and Tikis around there somewhere Toungue

And to give you advice, as NetSage said - what do you like about computers?
There are so many kids in this forum Toungue
I think the thing i like about computer is using its softwares,doing some simple designs and surfing the net.the main part about the confusion is that what does computer science hold for me in the employment industry?
Well it's kind of a general degree with sub-categories. But it's going to be hard to get a degree for searching then net, and just using software. You could maybe get a degree to teach people to MS programs but not much else in less your want to go deeper. Like into making your own programs with C and stuff. Or learning PHP and Javascript to do web design.
ok.i do webdesigning,i would love to go further but the confusion is that,in my country a medical doctor lives far_far confortably than a computer science.so i want to know if there are employments opportuninies for computer scientist b4 i make my decision.
I don't know much about your country so couldn't tell you much about the economic opportunities of taking computer science. Although you can do web-design over the internet as a freelancer or something Wink.
Pages: 1 2