MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Do you want to upgrade your live forum to MyBB 1.4 Beta? If so, read here.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi all,

Although the upgrade from 1.2.x to 1.4.0 Beta is included in the beta package, since the beta is private we currently do not have an official upgrade path planned for the 1.4.0 Beta to 1.4.0 Final.

We encourage you to test the upgrader by making a copy of your current site onto a test folder or your localhost, and running the upgrade there. But, we do not recommend you to upgrade your live forums to the beta, unless you absolutely know what you are doing, and the risks involved in doing so.

There will be an upgrader from 1.2.x to 1.4.0 Final, once it is released. We prefer that you only upgrade your live forums once 1.4.0 Final is released, so you can upgrade from 1.2.x to 1.4.0 in one step.

Thanks.
thanks dear DennisTT,
alot of times I feel mybb 1.4 beta is stable enough, and my mind direct me to do the stupid action to upgrade my live forum.
but after that I take a deep breath and control my self and say to my self.. no wait we don't know what will happen in the next few minuts lol just j/k
Well, hopefully this thread will keep anyone from giving into the temptation to upgrade now. Knowing they won't be able to upgrade from 1.4 beta to 1.4 final SHOULD be enough to reinforce the notion that it's a bad idea! LOL Toungue
That means if we took the risks, could we upgrade our live forums to MyBB 1.4 beta?

For instance, I have a forum which is a bigger one. If I upgrade it, forums users would reproduce bugs...
(2008-06-28, 09:52 PM)arno Wrote: [ -> ]That means if we took the risks, could we upgrade our live forums to MyBB 1.4 beta?

You may take as many risks as you want, but if the beta ends up deleting your forum or it ends up getting hacked we're not in any way obligated to support you
(2008-06-28, 09:59 PM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-06-28, 09:52 PM)arno Wrote: [ -> ]That means if we took the risks, could we upgrade our live forums to MyBB 1.4 beta?

You may take as many risks as you want, but if the beta ends up deleting your forum or it ends up getting hacked we're not in any way obligated to support you

Okey I understood. If the forum staff accepted my suggestion, I could update it... Thank you for responses
Does anyone know how to duplicate the mybb_ tables on my site's database?

I haven't done that before, so I dunno how to do it properly.
The easiest way is just to export your database as a .sql, then reimport it in a new database Smile

For instance, I have a forum which is a bigger one. If I upgrade it, forums users would reproduce bugs...

That also means it would be impossible to upgrade to the final version. (Unless your really good with MYSQL)
(2008-07-03, 10:02 PM)shadow82x Wrote: [ -> ]

That also means it would be impossible to upgrade to the final version. (Unless your really good with MYSQL)

nothing is impossible I mean I could most likely try but I'm not going to even if I can update beta to final there is no reason to though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5