MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: white screen of death...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am attempting to install the software, however after all of the tables are created, i am asked to click next to populate them, and when i do i get a blank white page... any suggestions??

Thanks...
-Mike

***** I just deleted everything out of my directory and my database, re uploaded the files, and tried the install again... same thing happened. I have double checked to make sure that the permissions are set correctly, and they are. The database files are built, when i log into my database manager (godaddy.com is hosting everything) i can see the databases that were built, but still when the install program goes to populate the databases i just get a white screen... any help would be appreciated...
Just an update... following the advise of the other post on white screens i have taken the following troubleshooting steps...
i reuploaded the settings file and reset its properties
nothing
then i created the index file in the root directory of my server containing
<?php header('Location: http://myweb.com/bbfolder/index.php'); ?>
with my info in it...
it did not help...
Finally i created the file to determine if the mysql functions are working, and they are...
the url for the blank screen is:
http://www.themclaughlinsonline.com/foru.../index.php
and the page source is:
<html><body></body></html>
I am trying so hard to solve this on my own but its just not working out... please send help Smile
-Mike
From what I understand, Godaddy isn't the best when it comes to hosting some php scripts. You might want to look into a different host.

there is

www.mybbhosting.com - Owned by me.
www.mybbfree.net - Owned by Render.
www.ivolvehost.com - Owned by tmhai.

All 3 are free.
i just dont understand y it would work up to that point then stop... everything else checks out... all the tables get created correctly... if its possible where im already paying for my godaddy acct id rather have the bboard there....
Do you happen to know what version of PHP they are running?
PHP Version 4.3.11
System Windows NT WINHOST20 5.2 build 3790
Build Date Mar 30 2005 17:32:35
Server API ISAPI
Virtual Directory Support enabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path C:\\WINDOWS\\php.ini
PHP API 20020918
PHP Extension 20020429
Zend Extension 20021010
Debug Build no
Thread Safety enabled
Registered PHP Streams php, http, ftp, compress.zlib
Trying to get this awesome forum up has seriously taken me days. I just transfered to godaddy and am getting the same white screen of death, except it doesn't happen to me until after everything is installed. Everything looks good to go, but when I go to the forum, it's just not there, just a white page. Godaddy meets all requirements for installing this board.

Has anyone been able to work around godaddy?
yet another unsatisfied GoDaddy User here that is having no luck. WSOD
dont worry, it apers this is a problem with the lousy hosting. So I just cancell my hosting and look elsewhere. Recomend no1 (who wants to run ANY forum, use GoDaddy hosting). I had problems w/ IPB, MyBB and the only option is an UNCUSTOMISABLE build in value app (Community Server) , which is not very good. So i dont think GoDaddy will allow any forums being hosted. Oh well.
I don't know what you guys are doing wrong, but I am a very satisfied Godaddy user who has had a mybb forum up since April. I think there are several of us here. So far, the only thing i can't access is the archive mode, which has nothing to do with installing. Are you sure you're CHMODing the right files???
Pages: 1 2 3