MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpBB -> MyBB Converter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Hey,

Do you think someone could make a Convertor to switch from phpBB to MyBB?

Guide here http://phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=28022

Thanks Smile
That won't help, as I believe the convertor would need to be totally re-coded to work with MyBB and the way it's coded.
Ryan Wrote:That won't help, as I believe the convertor would need to be totally re-coded to work with MyBB and the way it's coded.

Well, if its able to import all the threads/users/polls/profiles from MyBB into phpBB why can't MyBB do the same?
There will be a converter system in the future, right now its not at the top of our priorities list.
Chris Boulton Wrote:There will be a converter system in the future, right now its not at the top of our priorities list.

Thats OK Chris... But ir really doesn't answer my Question, If a Competitor (IPB, OpenBB, phpBB, SimpleMachines, ETC) create a script to migrate to their System can you Revert it to do the contrary? To migrate from OpenBB to MyBB?

Thanks,
John
That isn't really possible... it's better to write it clean. Both sets of forums will have features that can't be translated to the other, so the ones that don't overlap would be lost.

I'm thinking of writing a phpBB > myBB mod. Would that be appreciated? I won't do it if there's not likely to be a demand.
Lobster Wrote:That isn't really possible... it's better to write it clean. Both sets of forums will have features that can't be translated to the other, so the ones that don't overlap would be lost.

I'm thinking of writing a phpBB > myBB mod. Would that be appreciated? I won't do it if there's not likely to be a demand.

Hello,
I have found this fantastic and pretty board, so i want to convert my current bulletin board(phpbb 2.1.0) to the last release of MyBB, so it would very appreciate if you can please write, in a short time, a clean migration tool from phpbb2.1.0 ---> MyBB 1.00RC3!Wink
Really cool if will be done!
Waiting for good news....

cheers
It's on its way Wink

I wasn't aware that phpBB version 2.1.0 existed... I hope that you mean 2.0.10 which is the latest stable release at any rate. The converter will be initially written for 2.0.10 and then I may add backwards compatibility for versions that have differing database/settings structures.
Lobster Wrote:It's on its way Wink

I wasn't aware that phpBB version 2.1.0 existed... I hope that you mean 2.0.10 which is the latest stable release at any rate. The converter will be initially written for 2.0.10 and then I may add backwards compatibility for versions that have differing database/settings structures.

Oppsss... i made a mistake...
Yes it is phpbb version 2.0.10 naturally....the installed one of my board is the Official Release by phpbb.com....

When do you think it will be avaible for downloading the converter?!

cheers Cool
Well kaiser, first he has to make it (that involves coding how it will change the tables and data in the database etc, then he has to test it, and if he finds a bug, fix it). Then he has to test it till there is no bugs so that you dont loose any data.

Id say it would take from 2 hours to 2 days. It depends how busy Lobster is.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16