MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My mass mail is queued always?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
When ever i try to send a mass e-mail it is always queued even if i have selected "deliver immediately" ?

it queues it and did never send this why?
Deliver immediately means do not postpone it being sent on another date. That does not mean it will skip the whole queue process.
on another date?
which date?

i mean if i have to send a mass email to all mu forum members immediately then what shud i use?
i did send a mail just one time in my more then 10 tries Sad

nest tries it alwayz queue them up.
Wait for it to send from the queue. It will always send from the queue. The only difference it will ever make is if you want to delay it to another date.
The mail is queued up - there are reasons for this, for example, so that your server doesn't sent a tonne of emails in one go (which could choke things up).
MyBB sends mass mails in "bursts".
It also prevents your server from being listed as a email spam server
oki i got you points Smile
yes it does send the mass mail later but one more problem i am having is

1. the html is not working in the mail i mean it sends whole the mail in a single sentence straight away.

2. the sender name is always "Unknown sender"
(2008-07-29, 04:32 PM)unramped Wrote: [ -> ]1. the html is not working in the mail i mean it sends whole the mail in a single sentence straight away.

There's nothing we can do about that. It's up to the email client to properly interpret the standards-compliant emails it gets.
oki

and what about the 2nd point?
I've tested the mass mail before and I don't get a "Unknown Sender" so it'd be useless for me to comment on it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4