MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some Suggestions for STAFF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to draw attention of the STAFF & Management towards something real important as far i think.

1) I think there must be separate forums for MyBB 1.4 themes and Plugins

2) Same idea for MyBB 1.2 or earlier releases .

So people can find it easily as I have noticed people are posting their themes & plugins for MyBB 1.4 even its not release ..
1) They may do that when 1.4 final is released - I dont see a point in them adding it now
We'll probably be doing that when 1.4 is released, yes.
I don't really see a point in separate forums, we already have a separate section on the mods site. That should be enough.
(2008-07-30, 01:54 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really see a point in separate forums, we already have a separate section on the mods site. That should be enough.

I dont know. I can see alot of mix ups etc happening if people are posting support etc questions for both 1.2 and 1.4 in the same forum. Could cause you guys alot of headaches in the end. Not to mention the issues with the 1.2 plugins ( updating etc ) constantly popping up. Thus i believe it might help you guys ( staff/support/developers ) out the most and save time. Smile
I'm also think that should be seperate forums or at least a requirement to mention in each thread title the mybb version
(2008-07-30, 05:14 AM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-07-30, 01:54 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really see a point in separate forums, we already have a separate section on the mods site. That should be enough.

I dont know. I can see alot of mix ups etc happening if people are posting support etc questions for both 1.2 and 1.4 in the same forum. Could cause you guys alot of headaches in the end. Not to mention the issues with the 1.2 plugins ( updating etc ) constantly popping up. Thus i believe it might help you guys ( staff/support/developers ) out the most and save time. Smile

We didn't have separate forums for 1.1.* or 1.* when 1.2 came out, and it didn't turn out wrong then.

Besides that, users mix up forums all the time, and since plugin developers can't move threads it doesn't help all that much.
(2008-07-30, 05:38 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-07-30, 05:14 AM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]

We didn't have separate forums for 1.1.* or 1.* when 1.2 came out, and it didn't turn out wrong then.

Besides that, users mix up forums all the time, and since plugin developers can't move threads it doesn't help all that much.

Gonna be ALOT more users this go around though. Big Grin But yeah i see your point about the plugin developers not being able to move threads. Not too mention it would mean more forums for you guys to watch. Thus not a good idea i suppose.

I would suggest adding a couple more moderators and or people who could move stuff for you guys. Help lighten the load up for you all. I think this place is gonna break loose when 1.4 is released in Gold. Hopefully you all are well rested.
I second the idea of having a seperate forum/category for it =P
Even with the seperate section at the mods. site, people mix them up.
Ex. http://community.mybboard.net/thread-34378.html
I agree with having separate sections. because its getting out of hand already and that is just with a beta build. Also out of curiosity I'm assuming once mybb 1.4 goes gold that the main mod section will be 1.4 mods and that all 1.2 mods will be in the archives.
Pages: 1 2