MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum mail via Google Apps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've set up my domain with Google Apps, which now handles my site's e-mail (my site and board are still hosted on my own machine, but mail goes to gMail servers). I did this because when I was running my own e-mail server, Hotmail would reject any mail from my site to any hotmail address. I can now send mail from my domain's addresses to hotmail if I create the mail normally.

What I want to do is to be able to send mail from my forum, through GApps/gMail, like it used to go from the forums through my own mailserver software. Is this possible? I've got a GApps account for the forums to use, and I've set up the board's mail settings to SMTP with the correct info for the account, but google's still refusing mail from my board. Can anyone help?
You may be able to configure MyBB to use GMail's SMTP server, although I believe you will need to hack the mail handler to use GMail's non-default SMTP port.
MyBB 1.4 lets me set what port to use for SMTP mode...or at least, there's a space for it. I have the gMail port (465) set, the username and password set, and SSL enabled (which gMail requires).

Screenshot:
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e21/rh...ttings.png
That's correct Smile I overlooked it when I glanced at the page.
Well, it's still not working. I can connect to the forums account with Windows Mail (using the same settings) just fine, I can even send mail manually that way, and it goes through. But when I try to have the board send a test mail, it will appear in the "sent mail" folder of the forum's account on gMail, but never reach its destination or get bounced back; it just vanishes.
1.4 mail systems didn't work
(2008-08-03, 09:43 AM)Rhainor Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it's still not working. I can connect to the forums account with Windows Mail (using the same settings) just fine, I can even send mail manually that way, and it goes through. But when I try to have the board send a test mail, it will appear in the "sent mail" folder of the forum's account on gMail, but never reach its destination or get bounced back; it just vanishes.
Can you check the mail logs in MyBB on the Tools & Maintenance page?

Also - if it's to the address the emails are from, I've noticed Google won't actually send them - it just saves it in your "Sent Items" folder.

(2008-08-03, 09:57 AM)Tickhi Wrote: [ -> ]1.4 mail systems didn't work
Once again, the Turkish community are ever so helpful. Rolleyes
I said before not works properly v.14 mail system. And other poeple suppose my idea. Please recheck your code.
It's working fine here. If you actually provided some information apart from saying it doesn't work, then we'd be able to assist you.

As I mentioned in my previous reply: Can you check the system mail logs in MyBB on the Tools & Maintenance page?
MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mb_send_mail() function.
Pages: 1 2 3