MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Three Bugs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a new installation, fresh database, etc. Nothing carried forth from previous install. Plugins are few, and 1.4-certified versions. Theme is default, with a few minor CSS changes for background color, content width, etc.

Installation is on a dedicated Linux (CentOS) server with Apache 2.2.9, PHP 5.2.6, MySQL 5.0.51a (community).

OK, here we go:

1. When doing a mass mailing to members, selecting both the HTML and text-only options the HTML version comes in as source code (with codes visible) rather than as a formatted message. I confirmed this on Apple Mail for 10.5.4, which handles other HTML mail almost perfectly.

2. Editing theme, under global.css, body: Make a change and choose Save Changes & Close, you get a "You have selected an invalid stylesheet" message. Sometimes the change "takes" and sometimes it doesn't. If you select Save Changes, there is no bogus message. It works normally.

3. Under Browse Users: Left and right columns of users (we only have a few in the new board) do not lineup. On left, there's an empty space between first and second entry.

And a question: Since there's no way to search a language pack, in which one does the label RSS Syndication appear? I'd like to change it to RSS Feed to reduce the width of the bottom nav bar.

More later.
1. Is bogus. We send HTML multipart email correctly. It's up to Apple Mail to handle multipart emails correctly.

2. Is Duplicate.

3. Is bogus. It's simply the way it's designed and that's how it works at this point.
Just an intermediate comment:

I am going to test the mass mailing feature with other email clients, desktop and Web-based, with a second mailing and see. However, Apple Mail parses other multipart messages with other products without any problem.

Second, the task feature is not running consistently. It's set to run at quarter hour intervals, but isn't reliable. It's well over an hour and a half since queuing a second mailing.

Note that cron-based tasks run on my server perfectly otherwise, according to my logs.

OK, the same problem occurs in Microsoft Entourage 2008, and SquirrelMail. I get raw HTML source. Checking the source in Apple Mail shows it has retrieved both the text and HTML-based version.

Any other ideas?
Gene Steinberg Wrote:This bug is neither bogus or duplicate. I have duplicated the mass mailing bug with three email clients, and the task bug is still there, not fixed. Why is this being ignored?
Make that four email clients. It happens in RoundCube as well.
Re-opened for investigation on the HTML mail bug. Strange things are happening here with HTML messages too.
(2008-08-04, 09:42 PM)Chris Boulton Wrote: [ -> ]Re-opened for investigation on the HTML mail bug. Strange things are happening here with HTML messages too.

Thanks, Chris.

I'm also running into a problem with text-only, where 1.4 doesn't translate such board codes as [Username], so a second attempt at sending that email, which took over an hour for the task manager to figure out it had to be sent (despite being configured to run every 15 minutes), was just as embarrassing to us as the original.
The task system will only run a task if you consistently have visitors on your forum - it can't run by magic so it injects itself in to the footer of your forum. For this reason some tasks may run later than you expected, if you don't have any activity on your actual forum.

In regards to the replacement, are you sure you were using {username} - it's case sensitive too.
(2008-08-04, 11:12 PM)Chris Boulton Wrote: [ -> ]The task system will only run a task if you consistently have visitors on your forum - it can't run by magic so it injects itself in to the footer of your forum. For this reason some tasks may run later than you expected, if you don't have any activity on your actual forum.

In regards to the replacement, are you sure you were using {username} - it's case sensitive too.

I copied it right from the text entry window. Smile
Hi Gene,

Can you try using the attached file and sending a test mass-mail to yourself as HTML/both and seeing if it comes through correctly now?

You should upload the file to the inc/ directory.
Pages: 1 2