MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyPlaza to 1.4.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2008-09-08, 07:46 AM)labyrinth Wrote: [ -> ]ps.I wonder when the myplaza topic change to myps.
Seems thread start to sail off the sea. lol

yeah, that´s strange
lately mybb central is poping up in a lot of threads wich ask to 1.2x free plugins updates...

that´s sad to me as I dont have how to subcribe to them - I know mybb central helps mybb as said in Chris Bolton Announcement, but now this is something strange to a brand new system with a fuc$%ing friendly plugin installation as Mybb and not having to much free plugins yet as phpbb and SMF before paid stuff get advertised somewhere in oficial forums.

and as Zinga Burga (myPlaza plugin creator) is a mybb code developer for 1.4x and get less free time to code his own plugins now - wich are all free and quality stuff - maybe it´s time to forget 'money' plugins to mybb for a while... or change to other BB Script soon if that´s so crucial to your community
Well I did post a free alternative. Zinga has more to life than to satisfy all of you.

Labrocca doesn't make much if any money off of $5 a year. Since a dedicated server is usually at least 80-90 a month for collocation Wink. Which I'm pretty sure he does. He then even takes a precentage and gives it to Lex and MyBB. So there isn't much money for him I got a feeling.
Quote:yeah, that´s strange
lately mybb central is poping up in a lot of threads wich ask to 1.2x free plugins updates...

I think that's because I have more plugins for 1.2x than any other author. Also because many of the requested plugins are plugins I do...money, medals, paid subscriptions, forum icons, contact form, invitation system and that's just to name a few.

So I see a lot of posts related to my work and reply to them. I have pretty much jumped into plugins now and starting to get the feel for 1.4x admincp. Once I have my head on straight I can start banging these out. I admit I am not as good a coder as Zinga and I surely take 5x as long to code a plugin than he does. But I am getting better and faster.

Quote:Labrocca doesn't make much if any money off of $5 a year.

I think about $100 in the past 3 months total. It's not a lot lot but it's better than zero. And I do have a server that costs me $100 per month to colocate but I also have my other sites on it. Overall I get something to justify the effort and I am happy to also give back part of it to Mybb. I have been a donater for a couple years now. When I made a large mybb forum sale I sent Chris a nice payment.

btw...this thread shouldn't even be in this section. It's for releases and release support. There is no Myplaza for 1.4x and this thread should be in Requests instead.
(2008-09-06, 03:07 AM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]Mybb needs money to stay alive to. Mybbcentral is responsible for donating money to keep mybb alive. Therefore there is nothing wrong if myps wants to charge. Everything needs a little money to stay alive, well if they want a good host at least. MYPS itself is able to stay alive because they charge some for the ability to download. If they chose to take this away MYPS perhaps would be no more. The small fee that I consider a donation towards the future of both keeping great modders on mybb, but also keeping mybb free, is nothing. If you have a problem paying this small amount perhaps ask someone if they are willing to donate to you so you can pay the small fee, or learn some php yourself. It's not hard, it just takes time. Which is why I am so far behind in it myself. From the looks of your site's purpose you should have no trouble with this though.

If you really find something wrong with paying a small amount for a great mod, perhaps give a better reason as to why it should be free? I bet if you could convince the makers of this, it would be free.

But if we pay, we are only donating to MyBBCentral not MyBB.
(2008-10-22, 12:45 PM)acrox999 Wrote: [ -> ]But if we pay, we are only donating to MyBBCentral not MyBB.

But Labrocca does take some of the money and give it back to MyBB.
Quote:But if we pay, we are only donating to MyBBCentral not MyBB.

I donate on the first week of every month a percentage to mybb. So far I have donated over $300 voluntarily.
I actually know the creator of MyPlaza. (ZiNgA) I can talk to him about updates or you can visit his forum.

www.endlessparadigm.com
This thread is 9 months old, MyPlaza has been updated for 1.4 for a while now.

http://mods.mybboard.net/view/myplaza-turbo
it is? lol
some one should close the thread

Cheers
Well it was down a few pages out of people's sight until you needlessly bumped it Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2 3