MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [1.4] Edit Reason (Version 1.0)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So many people have asked for it, and here it is..
Edit Reason

What it does:
This plugin allows your users to add a reason in why they edited their post, only when the use the full edit (I haven't created it just yet for the quick edit feature). If you don't add in a reason, the plugin automatically puts in "N/A."

The difference between "Install" and "Activate":
-Install creates a field in the database for the plugin to use.
-Activate modifies the editpost and postbit_editedby templates. Please note, I have tested when you deactivate the plugin. It successfully removes the templates.

Screenshots:
With reason:
[Image: preview1hi3.gif]

Without reason:
[Image: preview2fy4.gif]

Download at MyBB Mods

Enjoy! Big Grin

EDIT: I almost forgot, this is my first plugin!
It looks pretty cool. Instead of without a reason having na, have it not put anything for that and just end with the person that edited it. Also, I haven't tried it, but could you (if you haven't) add a function that tells mybb to force a reason if the user wants to edit it? Accept for admins of course.
That sounds like a pretty big endeavor to go into. I'll try it, but I'm sort of limited on time. This may be the only release of this for a good while.
I think the edit reason should be in a box right below the post content like IPB/vB - if it exists.
Congratulations on your first plugin. It sure is needed. Thank you.
(2008-08-12, 05:41 AM)Ginji Wrote: [ -> ]I think the edit reason should be in a box right below the post content like IPB/vB - if it exists.

I believe it shows below if you're using the classic post layout (which I prefer anyway), because the horizontal layout had pre-defined the edit information to be above the post.
Updated. 1.0 Stable released.

Fixed a template error when deactivating/uninstalling.
Sounds like a nifty little plugin. I will be sure to try it out ;]
cheers RenegadeFan
Awesome plugin! I'll be sure to try it out. Smile

(2008-08-12, 05:41 AM)Ginji Wrote: [ -> ]I think the edit reason should be in a box right below the post content like IPB/vB - if it exists.

Agreed! Maybe there should be an option whether to have it be the current style or the IBP way.
Pages: 1 2 3