MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [1.4] Social Sharing Button Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2008-08-19, 12:20 PM)Dakuipje Wrote: [ -> ]installed it bit theres no button ? Its activated and all....

(2008-08-19, 12:51 PM)Jamie T Wrote: [ -> ]same problem here

Please post your postbit and postbit_classic templates.
where can I find that..
iam haveing the same problem nothing comes up
here is my postbit_classic
plz help
Quote:{$ignore_bit}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
<tr>
<td class="{$altbg}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
<span class="smalltext">
{$post['usertitle']}<br />
{$post['userstars']}
{$post['groupimage']}
{$post['useravatar']}<br />
{$post['user_details']}
</span>
</td>
<td class="{$altbg}" valign="top">
<table width="100%">
<tr><td>{$post['posturl']}<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>
<br />
<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" style="padding: 5px 0 5px 0;">
{$post['message']}
</div>
{$post['attachments']}
{$post['signature']}
<div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
<div id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</div>
{$post['iplogged']}
</div>
</td></tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="{$altbg}" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; vertical-align: middle;"><span class="smalltext">{$post['postdate']} {$post['posttime']}</span></td>
<td class="{$altbg}" style="vertical-align: middle;">
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr valign="bottom">
<td align="left" ><span class="smalltext">{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}</span></td>
<td align="right">{$post['social1']}{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
where do you find this?
go to templates expand the template you are using then find the postbit_classic
(2008-08-21, 01:02 PM)Jamie T Wrote: [ -> ]where do you find this?

In your ACP (Admin Controll Panel) => Templates & Style (in the top menu/tab) => Templates (in the left menu) => Default Templates (in the Template Sets) => find Post Bit Templates => find postbit_classic => Copy everything in the main text area and post it here.

--------
(2008-08-21, 08:15 AM)ancraz Wrote: [ -> ]iam haveing the same problem nothing comes up
here is my postbit_classic
plz help

I've used this online diff tool - http://www.quickdiff.com/index.php - to compare your template with the default template (who haven't a test board can check such things via the mybb demo board - use google).
The only diff (regardless whitechars like spaces, tabs and newlines) is '{$post['social1']}' before all the other buttons ( '{$post['button_edit']}' ... ).

I think the problem is with the php code that fill the '{$post['social1']}'.

Can you see anything there when you're viewing the source of the page?
The problem only exist when my board is in horizontal view. You should look at a bug there im sure there is one !

Ok I found your bug. Apparently your plugin only updates the postbit_classic template but forgets to update the postbit template. It will only work on the classic layout but if you set your forum to horizontal it wont display as the code isnt there.

How to fix it
Open your postbit template and add

{$post['social1']}

Right after:
<div class="post_management_buttons float_right">
is there a way to only make it show on the 1st post of the topic?
(2008-08-12, 10:45 AM)jnd52 Wrote: [ -> ]Info:
This plugin allows you to display a social bookmarking button on your forum's posts. The button includes options such as Digg, Facebook, Myspace, and many more.

Download:
Download from MyBB Mods Section

Instructions:
  • Unzip file.
  • Upload social.php to yourforumdir/inc/plugins/
  • Go to admincp plugin manager
  • Activate plugin
  • Change settings to your liking under board settings-> social sharing button

• For more see readme in download.

Update:
Fixed edit button problem.

-First Release

Nice plugin. I used it for some of my sites. 6 sites are working. Only one site is not working. Any idea ?
(2008-08-23, 09:35 PM)Dakuipje Wrote: [ -> ]The problem only exist when my board is in horizontal view. You should look at a bug there im sure there is one !

Ok I found your bug. Apparently your plugin only updates the postbit_classic template but forgets to update the postbit template. It will only work on the classic layout but if you set your forum to horizontal it wont display as the code isnt there.

How to fix it
Open your postbit template and add

{$post['social1']}

Right after:
<div class="post_management_buttons float_right">

I followed your steps to do that, and social share button is showing. But my plugin ads after first post is gone. Do you have any idea for this?

Thank you.
(2008-08-12, 10:45 AM)jnd52 Wrote: [ -> ]Info:
This plugin allows you to display a social bookmarking button on your forum's posts. The button includes options such as Digg, Facebook, Myspace, and many more.

-First Release

Hello Jnd52,

Excellent and very useful plugin trully, but I´m having a problem.

I downloaded version 1.0 long ago, and now I´m trying to upgrade into version 1.4 where we actually are able to share a específic post where the social bookmarking button is located, instead of sharing (to Facebook for example) the first post of the thread when in reality is supposed to share single posts no matter if this post is post # X located in page X of Y thread. Otherwise the "Social bookmarking button" wouldn´t be in every single posts, right?.

The title of this thread is "[1.4] Social Sharing Button Plugin", in post #1 is located the downloadable file, and is not 1.4. Still is 1.0

My question...how can I make it work?...where I can find 1.4?

Thanks.

Edited: Hmmm I see, the [1.4] is for the "Compatible MyBB version"...but still. How can I share single posts?
Pages: 1 2 3 4