MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing Usernames
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have a user with a comma in his user name and because of this he can't receive PM's. When I try to change his user name, it won't let me because it tells me someone is already registered with the same email. So how do I change it?
Do you have phpMyAdmin access? Try changing it from there.
Commas are disallow in MyBB's registrations since 1.4 because of this issue - You'll need to remove this comma from his username.
(2008-08-13, 06:09 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Commas are disallow in MyBB's registrations since 1.4 because of this issue - You'll need to remove this comma from his username.

Yes, thats the problem. 1.4 won't let me do that.
Simple query to do this in phpMyAdmin:
UPDATE mybb_users SET username='NEWUSERNAME' WHERE username='OLDUSERNAME' LIMIT 1
(2008-08-13, 03:25 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Simple query to do this in phpMyAdmin:
UPDATE mybb_users SET username='NEWUSERNAME' WHERE username='OLDUSERNAME' LIMIT 1

The posts table also has a column for "username." Will MyBB somehow update this, or should it also be changed manually?
I've just tested and it'll need a further query.

UPDATE `mybb_posts` SET `username` = 'NEWUSERNAME' WHERE `username` = 'OLDUSERNAME'

And then a Recount & Rebuild in the ACP. At least that's what I had to do twice.
Just go into your admin panel and "users & groups", select his user name and "edit user" option.
from there you click "profile" which is next to "overview". change his email address and his username before clicking "update profile". that should work.
I think that'll create errors as that username will already be registered.
(2008-11-15, 05:56 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]I've just tested and it'll need a further query.

UPDATE `mybb_posts` SET `username` = 'NEWUSERNAME' WHERE `username` = 'OLDUSERNAME'

And then a Recount & Rebuild in the ACP. At least that's what I had to do twice.

Perfect, thanks Smile
Pages: 1 2 3