MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Frequency Bar(s)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I used to use SMF myself and one of the only things I miss is a mod which shows users posting frequency, average post per day, logativity and users karma.. (with mybb that would warning level)

It allowed you to hide certain functions by choosing to hide them via the mods settings in the acp.

Personally I'd love something similar for MyBB, it might be awkward to design with both posting styles but it would be a nice touch to add to almost any type of community.

[Image: index.php?action=download;mod=502;id=20185;image]

~Kerrang!
Does anyone else like this idea?
Seems like a good idea to me. Smile Although I used SMF and didn't personally need that mod. Toungue
Actually, the forum lists total posts as is and there is already a Reputation system in place. Under the configs in the ACP, enable the Reputation system. By clicking on a username, their profile page list posting averages, etc. I have attached two english lang files that changes the board wording from reputation to karma. Quite honestly, the bar graph doesn't really tell you anything IMO.
Quote:(with mybb that would warning level)

Isn't that set up by default for only the Admin/Mods to see? I've never had to use this, and am unsure if it's in any way viewable by "regular" forum members.
One of the reasons I like it is because some members never visit other peoples profiles, even if they do they don't always notice the useful information either. I personally think it looks funky and enhances the look of the board.

~Kerrang!
you mean reputation with pip images
(2008-08-19, 11:56 AM)clocktower Wrote: [ -> ]you mean reputation with pip images

Somewhat yes.

Although something with four spaces of information, but yeah you're talking on the right lines.

P.s It could also include "referrals" instead of one of the others.
(2008-08-19, 09:09 PM)Kerrang! Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-19, 11:56 AM)clocktower Wrote: [ -> ]you mean reputation with pip images

Somewhat yes.

Although something with four spaces of information, but yeah you're talking on the right lines.

i find this to be a good idea too Toungue
(2008-08-19, 09:43 PM)Smoky Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-19, 09:09 PM)Kerrang! Wrote: [ -> ]

Somewhat yes.

i find this to be a good idea too Toungue
VB Has a similar mod which Audentio.com uses.

(Just remembered) members have a thank meter which increasing when someone thanked. So IMO some members would look at all these stats/info and want to improve how their bar/rating is.

refering members
posting more
being more helpful
etc