MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [split] duplicate settings problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hi,

After the upgrade has completed there where 40 entries(20 real and 20 with no settings in it) in the settinggroups table all with "0" settings in it (obviously duplicated) while this is easly fixed (only takes an SQL query to delete them) it is pretty annoying ... anyway thank you for securing us ...
(2008-08-17, 10:47 AM)Erikbe Wrote: [ -> ]hi,

After the upgrade has completed there where 40 entries(20 real and 20 with no settings in it) in the settinggroups table all with "0" settings in it (obviously duplicated) while this is easly fixed (only takes an SQL query to delete them) it is pretty annoying ... anyway thank you for securing us ...

Hi,

This problem has been corrected (the wrong version of upgrade.php was bundled in the release).
(2008-08-17, 12:05 PM)Chris Boulton Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi,

This problem has been corrected (the wrong version of upgrade.php was bundled in the release).

I just did that, it removed all my "good" settings and left me with the ones which had no settings in. Any way to rebuild?

after upgrade here mybb_settings was cleaned up Toungue

I´m restoring the Database from before the upgrade now, but I think something is wrong with upgrade.php from package mybb_1401_changed_files

EDITED - PS: I´m using a Custom "\admin\" folder name, not default one

(2008-08-17, 12:05 PM)Chris Boulton Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi,

An alternative means instead of doing that manually is visiting http://www.forums.com/admin/index.php?mo...duplicates

OK Chris,bud orginal settings deleted,
I´ve got the same error from roy

settings.php went cleared too
141 bytes now, but I´ve not replace it at any moment

ahh... found it - "upgrade.php" file from Full Package (homepage) it´s OK, it worked here

those who are upgrading from 1.4 to 1.41 with "Modified Files only" from this package:
[mybb_1401_changed_files.zip]
watch this carefully before a staff member replace the correct version of upgrade.php attached to the official announce:

you´ll need to replace just the file "install/upgrade.php" with the version included in "Full package" before upgrading, otherwise your settings_mybb table and inc\settings.php will be cleared

That´s not working... sorry
duplicated settings appeared now but when I acess that link Chris wrote it gives me all blank settings in ACP, not the old custom ones

better choice now is wait a fix from mybb staff

my advice is to wait a little more before upgrading 1.4 > 1.41 if you dont know how to insert queries in phpmyadmin to restore "mybb_Settings" AND "mybb_settinggroups" tables manually

Same Problem here! But I uploaded the files fine then I ran the upgrader and all the stats and the forum descriptions have disappeared. All the original settings are in install/resources/settings.xml

I am going to restore it by a db backup I did a few mins before the update.

@aglioeoli Try adding them manually then using settings.xml in your install --> resources folder

Edit: See attachments. You can restore your settings in your db using PHPAdmin or similar.

For PHPadmin goto your database and press the sql button then copy and paste the code from both (or one at a time) files into the textbox. Make sure that the table is empty first.
Thanks for the update, however, I got the duplicate settings also.
Tried the removal method from Chris(?) and discovered all settings reduced to 0. Had to delete the settingstables via phpmyadmin, and restored them from backup. General settings is now 21, wasn't this 29?
Hi everyone,

We are looking into the issue and will be issuing scripts to recover as much of the settings as possible if you've lost your settings. If you have a backup PLEASE USE THAT.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Ryan
Could someone who is having this issue please PM me FTP, phpMyAdmin, and admin information?

Thanks,
Ryan
Pages: 1 2 3