MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [MyBB 1.4.1] Upgrade Login changes Admin SQL Usergroup Column
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well..., I'm back again with my weird problems, sorry to bother you Sad

1) What version of MyBB you are upgrading from: 1.2.13
2) Plugins are deactivated and deleted from the inc/plugins directory.
3) Exact error received:
CanĀ“t login as Admin to perform the 1.4.1 upgrade. The Upgrade page modifies the SQL Column "usergroup" of the Admin (it changes from "4" [Administrator] to "2" [Normal User])
4) The page you were trying to access:
When you type the admin user and his password (first page of the upgrade), and presses the button, then appears:
[attachment=10845]

When this happens I thought it was a cookie problem, but when I look inside the "mybb_users" field and in the "usergroup" column I can't believe that the Admin usergroup was "2" ([Normal User]. So I changed it manually to "4" [Administrator], save it, check if it was "4", and tried to login again...

And same error! Then I looked back to the usergroup column and... it was "2" again! Confused (and so on..., I changed it manually to "4", and the Upgrade Login Page reverte it to "2")

Any clue? Thanks Smile
Did you upload a backup?? If so you log in with your old account, so you'd have the permission being an admin.

But I have a feeling it's more than that in this case... Toungue
Hi Matt_ again! Smile

(2008-08-28, 08:05 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Did you upload a backup?? If so you log in with your old account, so you'd have the permission being an admin.
Upload a backup of the 1.1.8 version, then upgrade to the 1.2.13 version (tested & works withou problems), and now want to upgrade again.
My old account is the same as the new one Undecided

(2008-08-28, 08:05 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]But I have a feeling it's more than that in this case... Toungue
Me too....
Same problem happening here!

What to do?
Make sure you deactivate and remove all plugins/modifications before upgrading.
Forgot that ..... my bad. Thanks for the help Smile
So it is working now? If it is, please state which plugin/modification was doing this...
Not my case...

As I said:
2) Plugins are deactivated and deleted from the inc/plugins directory.

Sad
Did you delete the plugins before or after you ran the upgrade?
Before...

I deleted all the files of my old forum and copy the new ones.
Pages: 1 2