MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IPB users mix comments on MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
True, but I use some of the other AJAX features on MyBB so I think it would be kind of a pain not to mention having to restart my browser each time. Sad
(2008-08-31, 01:53 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:For vB if you have an owned license you have to pay every year for support and updates. You DO NOT HAVE to pay though, it is your choice. You can continue using vB but will no longer get priority support and updates until you renew.

Actually that's not a bad deal really. You could buy the license and get the latest update etc. Use that set up for a few years, then pay to have it renewed meaning you get the latest upgrade....Sure saves on paying each year!!

Is it a better deal than free?
Depends on what you need/want in a forum. Wink
(2008-08-31, 07:56 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:For vB if you have an owned license you have to pay every year for support and updates. You DO NOT HAVE to pay though, it is your choice. You can continue using vB but will no longer get priority support and updates until you renew.

Actually that's not a bad deal really. You could buy the license and get the latest update etc. Use that set up for a few years, then pay to have it renewed meaning you get the latest upgrade....Sure saves on paying each year!!

Um, no. Because you pay for their license, not the forum software itself. And if someone downloads their software with out a license, they get no support what so ever. So technically VB is free, but the license is what you pay for.

Or at least I think that's how they do it.
(2008-08-31, 07:56 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]

Exactly ... it seems silly to pay for forum software with so many good free alternatives.
(2008-08-31, 08:40 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly ... it seems silly to pay for forum software with so many good free alternatives.
But people still use Windows... LoL. Big Grin

(2008-08-31, 08:32 AM)Clair Wrote: [ -> ]Um, no. Because you pay for their license, not the forum software itself. And if someone downloads their software with out a license, they get no support what so ever. So technically VB is free, but the license is what you pay for.

Or at least I think that's how they do it.
They also get a special letter from their legal department. LoL. vBulletin is not free, it requires a license to install and use. Wink
(2008-08-30, 05:52 PM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-30, 03:54 PM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]Yha....i hate how you have to pay for updates? Whats up with that?

You do NOT have to pay for updates... You have a up to date license

So, basically... ya have to pay for the updates...Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
No pay for updates would mean every time there is an update you have to pay to download it.

Paying for a license gives you access to the download section for the length of the licenses.
Pages: 1 2 3